Zoo B Que, Racine, Wisconsin

Ron_L said:
Yep! The more the merrier, immediately after the awards ceremony! :-D
This ought to be the closest one for you yet, Ron.

Oh, by the way, you gonna be available?

parrothead said:
This ought to be the closest one for you yet, Ron.

Oh, by the way, you gonna be available?

Yep... I just put it on my calendar...

more on zoo

Hey all,

these messages were posted on www.wibbq.org this week from marsha a zoo b que

Dace Branson
Branson's BBQ

Hi everyone!

This is Marsha, from the Zoo B Que. I'm thrilled to see so much talk about our contest in Racine, WI. It is shaping up to be a really good one, thanks to all of your enthusiuasm. Although this is our first BBQ event, we do LOTS of other events during the year, so we promise a good competiton with lots of fun for the whole family.

Because of your fantastic response, our contest is anout 60% filled, so please get your applications in quickly. We have filled all of our 20 X 20 sites, so I hope you can fit into the 15 X 20s.

Can anyone tell me what kinds of motors, etc. you all run off the supplied power at a contest? I know it's spits...but whatelse? Our electrician wants to be sure we have enough of what everyone needs. We will NOT be able to power your motor homes, etc. Hope that's not a problem!

Keep the good talk going! I've attached applications and those great payouts!

Marsha

I assume you have heard, it is all grass. A beautiful site overlooking Lake Michigan with the lions and tigers roaring in the background!

Hope you'll be joining us. We're 60% filled and getting responses all the time!

Marsha
ZooBQue

15x20 sites blow chunks! Greg, you wouldn't be able to get the Ortone into a 15x20 and still have room for your canopy, tables, etec. It sounds like water and electric are a bit "iffy" too. 20x40 or 40x40 sites with water and electric hookups, RULE!!

Good luck guys...you will overcome!

chad said:
15x20 sites blow chunks! Greg, you wouldn't be able to get the Ortone into a 15x20 and still have room for your canopy, tables, etec. It sounds like water and electric are a bit "iffy" too. 20x40 or 40x40 sites with water and electric hookups, RULE!!

Good luck guys...you will overcome!

I sent in some time ago and paid extra for a 20x40. If I don't get that, I'm not going to go. I can't do 15x20. It's impossible.

Still no word from these people. I just checked my on-line account and they cashed my check so I guess that I am in. Just wish that I knew for a fact that I am in and have the larger site that I paid extra for.

parrothead said:
Still no word from these people. I just checked my on-line account and they cashed my check so I guess that I am in. Just wish that I knew for a fact that I am in and have the larger site that I paid extra for.

i would just call them or email them..i beleive the phone numbers were on the original app form
i dont think ive ever recieved just a confirmation on any comp ive entered..usually just get a welcome packet a week or two in advance of the comp

info has been sent out

Hi all,

Just talked to the organizers and there is 23 teams and prob two more on board. Also information packets have been sent out so expect them in the next few days.

Dace

Branson's BBQ

I got mine on Tuesday. See you all there. Ciret, you team up with anyone? Or you gonna hang with us? Best thing would be if you live nearby to stop by on Friday for awhile, and then get a good nights sleep and show up in the morning to be someone with their head on straight. But you are more than welcome to hang all night if you want as well to get the full experience.

Greg,

I'm tentativly planning on coming out for this one, if only as a visitor.

What kinda drinks should I bring with me??:twisted: For after turn in of course.

I generally have rum for for a couple on Friday night and some ice cold beer to crack open after turn in.

Looking forward to meating everyone.

I'll be there with Greg, so I'll get to meat you guys, too!

Hey all,

Just talked with Marsha she is going to be sending out site information and other stuff in the next week to ten days. At first she was not going to send out a map of competition area but i explained that contestants like seeing the area and where their sites are. She is going to now include a map and site list with the next mailing.

Dace Branson

Branson's BBQ

parrothead said:
I got mine on Tuesday. See you all there. Ciret, you team up with anyone? Or you gonna hang with us? Best thing would be if you live nearby to stop by on Friday for awhile, and then get a good nights sleep and show up in the morning to be someone with their head on straight. But you are more than welcome to hang all night if you want as well to get the full experience.

I'm in town that weekend, and not hooked up with any team. I plan to come on down and get in the wa, er, help out :mrgreen:

What time are you planning to arrive on Friday?

ciret said:
I'm in town that weekend, and not hooked up with any team. I plan to come on down and get in the wa, er, help out :mrgreen:

What time are you planning to arrive on Friday?

Early thirty

Back