THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever stayed at River Forest Inn? How is the location? It is inexpensive and surely open since everything is off season. Driving home (and down for that matter) last year was a real struggle, and I don't think my wife wants to come down and help drive. My stroke history makes long drives a real drag and probably more dangerous than necessary. I doubt anyone is close enough to me and not staying a few nights that can drag me and Calvin down in the morning and get us home at night.

It looks good from the pics on the Web. Mostly has good reviews.

It looks good from the pics on the Web. Mostly has good reviews.

i agree. it's been around for a long time. there are better and worse. sounds like the owners are nice. you coming in friday night or staying saturday night?

Good news guys!!
Dan, from Suckle Busters BBQ Rubs and Sauces, reached out to me this morning by PM and has graciously donated a few of their great Rubs for us to use at the Bash!! :clap: :clap2:

They have some great rubs. He will be sending over one of their newest:
The new 1836 BBQ Rub (Great on Brisket and Steak)
Hog Waller which is exceptional on Pork
And SPG which I like to use on anything!! :thumb:

So let's give Dan and Suckle Busters a big Thanks for the donation to the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Bash!!

And they are a local company out of Coppell Texas!!
Texas Proud :mrgreen:

Good news guys!!
Dan, from Suckle Busters BBQ Rubs and Sauces, reached out to me this morning by PM and has graciously donated a few of their great Rubs for us to use at the Bash!! :clap: :clap2:

They have some great rubs. He will be sending over one of their newest:
The new 1836 BBQ Rub (Great on Brisket and Steak)
Hog Waller which is exceptional on Pork
And SPG which I like to use on anything!! :thumb:

So let's give Dan and Suckle Busters a big Thanks for the donation to the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Bash!!

And they are a local company out of Coppell Texas!!
Texas Proud :mrgreen:

hey awesome! thanks Dan!

Has anyone ever stayed at River Forest Inn? How is the location? It is inexpensive and surely open since everything is off season. Driving home (and down for that matter) last year was a real struggle, and I don't think my wife wants to come down and help drive. My stroke history makes long drives a real drag and probably more dangerous than necessary. I doubt anyone is close enough to me and not staying a few nights that can drag me and Calvin down in the morning and get us home at night.

You can borrow my tent.......

b7QeVTpl.jpeg

:mod: 9 DAYS 18 Hours till the 2017 Texas Fall Brethren Bash :mod:

:mrgreen:

Long range weather forecast looks great 52-74 and partly cloudy 8-10 mph southerly breeze :)

Larry

Long range weather forecast looks great 52-74 and partly cloudy 8-10 mph southerly breeze :)

Larry
If it's 30 and sleeting we know who cursed us. :heh:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Work got in the way of the Cali Bash and work is in the way of the Texas bash. Have fun guys, one of these days.....

:mod: 8 DAYS 21 Hours till the 2017 Texas Fall Brethren Bash :mod:

Wow looks like we have around 55 signed up to cook and attend the 2017 Fall Texas BBQ Brethren Bash this year!! :clap:

That's sure is good news. So please go ahead and make any adjustments to your menu and cooks so we can have plenty of grub!!

Please let me or Paul know if any of you have any questions. :mrgreen:

This one looks to be shaping up to be the best one yet!!!

I know there's probably going to be plenty of food, but I was going to bring a couple of logs of sausage for fatties if anyone has room on a smoker.

Last edited:
I know there's probably going to bring plenty of food, but I was going to bring a couple of logs of sausage for fatties if anyone has room on a smoker.
Great, I was hoping someone would have a few fatties!!
JD Hot and JD Maple are our favs!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back