YETI OWNERS: Need a size recommendation

For a single contest I use an 82qt coleman extreme and put a divider in for 1/3 of it. Meat and ice go in the 2/3 side, produce goes in the other end with no ice. That side is just like a refrigerator and no ice on produce is needed. Then I stack my built boxes in that same end where the produce was.

What Dividers do you use? Do they keep the water from leaking to the other side? I need to find a way to keep my produce/boxes cold and not wet. And not bring a 3rd cooler.

What Dividers do you use? Do they keep the water from leaking to the other side? I need to find a way to keep my produce/boxes cold and not wet. And not bring a 3rd cooler.

I bought a large cutting board from Sam’s Ckub and cut it on my table saw to fit. Cut like butter. Then took the cut off ends, qtr rounded the edges for for a small cutting board for my limes:-D

It doesn’t hold back the water, but I don’t get too much and usually don’t worry about it. The boxes do float if needed. If I get a lot of water, I just pop the drain.

Mine will get me to the comp and stay cold through Friday night with no problems. Depending on how early I loaded up, I might add some ice to a pan for ribs overnight. I put big meats on late Friday night and never add ice before then. If I am doing a double, I throw all the meat in a Coleman 150 5-day with the camchillers and 30-40 lbs. of ice. The chillers will be good for day 1 prep in the Cambro, but I will do a couple ice pans on day 2.

Thanks, Mike -- We use a UPC400 Cambro. Would you recommend one or two camchillers, and what about placement?

Thanks, Mike -- We use a UPC400 Cambro. Would you recommend one or two camchillers, and what about placement?

I would use two. Put ribs and one of the big meats down low and a camchiller right above them, the other big meat and cam chiller above them. Keep everything as low as possible, but it's fine if top one is in the top slot. You want maybe 1" clearance meat to chillers to keep them from freezing the top of your meats.

Sidetrack....
Is the Cambro 400 still the size to get or would a 300 get it done? Looking to do as Mike said with storing meats cold, then hot box. My large Coleman Extreme hinges have crapped out.

Won a couple Yeti's (45's?). They are sturdy and keep cold great. But the smaller ones don't hold enough beer :shocked:

Sidetrack....
Is the Cambro 400 still the size to get or would a 300 get it done? Looking to do as Mike said with storing meats cold, then hot box. My large Coleman Extreme hinges have crapped out.

Won a couple Yeti's (45's?). They are sturdy and keep cold great. But the smaller ones don't hold enough beer :shocked:

I would definitely recommend the 400 over the 300. They can fill up quick, and have been golden at comps as well as catering. We actually have two 400's. Add a couple camchillers to the mix, and I imagine space fills up even quicker.

@masque13

Here is something to consider whatever coolers you use. Too large of cooler and you do need to fill with ice for maximum efficiency. A smaller cooler with less ice will actually work better than a large one not filled. You are also carrying one for produce. No need to put that on ice. For a single contest I use an 82qt coleman extreme and put a divider in for 1/3 of it. Meat and ice go in the 2/3 side, produce goes in the other end with no ice. That side is just like a refrigerator and no ice on produce is needed. Then I stack my built boxes in that same end where the produce was.

I use a Yeti 65 for my injection bottles and beer, and have the tray available for what not.

On a side note, perhaps will run into you this year. Plan to come down to Mundfordville

yeh I hope so! We are doing;

Barbourville, KY
Jamestown, TN (2 day/2 event contest)
Springfield, KY
Munfordville, Ky

What about Arctic Zone from wally world?? Just looked at them and they seemed nice

Back