yesterday's 'bucket list' experience

Family, food and fun........that's the life, and a little "atta boy" thrown in just makes it a little better, congrats.

KC

Wow, what a great story! Good cookin' and good writin'.

Congrats on your win, and more importantly, congrats on a great day with your family!

In St. Paul when it comes to ribs
-team of guys with matching shirts and a pile of equipment 0
-guy with wife and kids and homemade cooker 1

Well, thank you all for the congratulations, I’m blushing. I stopped into my local butcher this afternoon, shared the story, and made him proud. He had been concerned last Saturday that buying the meat *9 hours before turn-in* wouldn’t give me enough time. I’m pretty sure he was expecting me to get schooled. Can’t blame him, I was too!

My wife woke up this morning and just started laughing. Laughing! I rolled over, opened one eye, and asked her what the heck was so funny. It was the scorecard comment above that she’d read that suddenly came to mind at 6:30 in the morning. She’s a woman of few words, but I can tell she’s still pleased with her clutch sauce performance. That Friday night, I had said, heeeey, do you think you can make that sauce you made two weeks ago when we had our friends over, for tomorrow? She says, uh, probably, but I didn’t write down the recipe…. Oh great, not THAT line again! I tell you, brethren, it’s almost unfair for those of us who are culinarily challenged to be married to someone like this. She just furrowed her eyebrows, gave me that look like ‘you could give me a *little* more warning, buster’ and got out the saucepan. I just dutifully stayed out of her way until the spoon was pointed straight at my snout with command ‘try it.’ I tell you, she’s a champ. And now she’s got the ribbon to prove it.

Brethren, enjoy your weekends. If you have kids and families, enjoy them. Do something new you’ve never tried before. And if you can mix the two with barbeque, all the better!

Back