THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just called HD and they said that they would not price match on line pricing from Sears - only for in store sale items. :tsk:

Trying Lowes now.

Lowes Customer Care is going to call the local store and have a manager call me. Fingers crossed that:

1. I'll be able to get the price
2. My wife will be eating chicken off of it before she realizes what I've done! :rolleyes:

Lowes took my info and said the manager would call - no call yet.

I walked into HD just for the halibut - no joy - they said that since it was an on line item only for HD - that they couldn't price match.

Hopefully Lowes comes through. I'm gonna stop by on my way home but looks like I have to pick a Lowes that carries them - not all do.

I would just look at CL this evening after buying the 22.5 and see a lightly used 18.5 incher for sale for just $170 in Overland Park. Never fails.

Oh well, it's not like I won't be happy with my purchase!

I would just look at CL this evening after buying the 22.5 and see a lightly used 18.5 incher for sale for just $170 in Overland Park. Never fails.

Oh well, it's not like I won't be happy with my purchase!

That is so funny. That happened to me. After years of searching for a good deal on CL, I'd always come up empty. I bought the 22, a week later I see an 18" for $100, so I went ahead and bought it out of frustration.

Manager from Lowes called me last night acting like the customer care department threatened his job. Asked if I could come in and fil out the paperwork so he could get my smoker ordered for me right away. Going tonight.

I even got enough nerve to tell my wife what I was doing - after she stared at me while I was on the phone with Lowed manager for 10 minutes.

She didn't "say" I couldn't buy it so I guess it's ON!

Thanks Smooth Smoke! I owe you one... or two.... maybe at the OC Comp?!?

Manager from Lowes called me last night acting like the customer care department threatened his job. Asked if I could come in and fil out the paperwork so he could get my smoker ordered for me right away. Going tonight.

I even got enough nerve to tell my wife what I was doing - after she stared at me while I was on the phone with Lowed manager for 10 minutes.

She didn't "say" I couldn't buy it so I guess it's ON!

Thanks Smooth Smoke! I owe you one... or two.... maybe at the OC Comp?!?

Glad it worked out. You don't owe me anything bro! :thumb: I hope I can make the OC comp though.

Of course I couldnt resist getting her mostly put together last night :becky:

29676b94.jpg

f6f8ac88.jpg

Of course I couldnt resist getting her mostly put together last night :becky:

I picked up my new 18.5" the other night and did the same thing! I was out in the garage at midnight assembling it! The neighbor, who is also a nightowl, stopped over and drooled for awhile. :laugh:

Hey guys I just joined the forum but I came from another forum to follow this thread. I got the Sears ad and brought it to Lowes and they price matched it today. THANKS!

Hey guys I just joined the forum but I came from another forum to follow this thread. I got the Sears ad and brought it to Lowes and they price matched it today. THANKS!

I am just south of Ottawa Ks. and have no Lowes close other than Topeka. I have checked around and called the Topeka store they do not have them in stock, is a special order item so then will not honor the Sears ad. I am going to try Home Depot as well and see what happens.

Back