Wsm 22.5"

He who hesitates is lost, I guess. Your link still shows $320 but when I went on the Sears site from scratch it's over $600. Yikes. That's quite the price jump. Damn.

Damn, I just recently bought 2 of these at $400 a piece, and i've done the price-ad match from sears to lowes before. I just wasn't thinking. Great job on your purchases guys!

Woooohoooo! I checked the Sears site yesterday and I only saw this listed for plus $600. This was driving me crazy as I've been jonesing for this smoker for some time. I checked again today and saw two listings, including the $320 one. I decided to give it a try through Home Depot, the rep saw the Sears price and had to get approval for the markdown but it went through. I just received the confirmation and the smoker is on it's way. It's Christmas in March. Thanks much Smoothsmoke for the "heads up". I can't wait.

Woooohoooo! I checked the Sears site yesterday and I only saw this listed for plus $600. This was driving me crazy as I've been jonesing for this smoker for some time. I checked again today and saw two listings, including the $320 one. I decided to give it a try through Home Depot, the rep saw the Sears price and had to get approval for the markdown but it went through. I just received the confirmation and the smoker is on it's way. It's Christmas in March. Thanks much Smoothsmoke for the "heads up". I can't wait.

I love it when a plan comes together.
beer.gifhttp:

hannibal_2.jpg

Did you guys go to the actual stores, or did you call customer service and order from their website? Thanks

Did you guys go to the actual stores, or did you call customer service and order from their website? Thanks

I ordered from Lowes phone customer service, however the store manager had to approve the price match. Pretty simple and easy. Good luck.

PS

Love Torrance, used to live there a few years back.

Phone, I don't think HD carries these in store. I'm not sure about Lowe's.

I ordered from Lowes phone customer service, however the store manager had to approve the price match. Pretty simple and easy. Good luck.

PS

Love Torrance, used to live there a few years back.

Thanks to you both. Can't wait to try this haha.

Just got back from Lowes and placed an order for a 22.5 WSM for $270. I used the Sears price match for $330, and then bought a $500 “tax refund + 10% card”, which I used for the purchase of the WSM. On March 18th the card gets credited with 10% of the original card purchase price of $500, so mentally of course I’m applying that sum to my WSM.

So let’s look at the savings;
$399 original purchase price
$320 Sears price match (thank you smoothsmoke)
-$50 “tax refund” on Lowes money card
= $270 A savings of $129, not bad.

Way cool! That's the way to get a deal! I love it.

Oh my......

Just sent Mrs. Wampus an email about this.
Awaiting the, "ARE YOU FARKING KIDDING ME?? HOW MANY SMOKERS DO YOU NEED?" reply..........eagerly:heh:.

That IS a farkin sweet deal, though.

Also....it says in the Sears add that they'll ship free to the store.....not the case?

Oh my......

Awaiting the, "ARE YOU FARKING KIDDING ME?? HOW MANY SMOKERS DO YOU NEED?" reply..........eagerly:heh:.

Also....it says in the Sears add that they'll ship free to the store.....not the case?

Hahahaa, get it Wampus!! Nope, no free shipping to the store. I believe that is like a Sears ad where it says that. To sign up for ship vantage, not sure. When I called they rep said it was not available for free shipping to store because the item is really sold by Stanios. Stanios is just using Sears like an Amazon account. Do it Wampus! :becky:

Oh my......

:lol:

I was looking at a Weber Performer on Craigslist that I could get for ~50 but figured my wife would be the same way.

5511039260_8e30f25cce.jpg

Received the 22"on Monday, assembled him, and introduced him to a few members of his new family!
L-R --- Martin DM, Martin D-35, WSM, Takamine 1992 LTD, Ovation Collectors Edition 1995

There will be some food and tunes this weekend!

Thanks to the Brethren and the Home Depot for this adoption.

Last edited:
Back