Wishland Que'n for Kids (IBCA Four Meat)

Congrats to Larry Hill of BLQ Cutting Edge BBQ, he is not a Brethren but he is a fellow Pellethead! He did it solo guys, Emily his 10 year old daughter was there to help!

Bill and Dan of Tropical Heat, nice RGC, you will probably see these guys picking up the 1st of many GC sometime this year!

All the other Brethren who walked congrats!

Thom, you beating me in ribs, (chit so bad they were I dont even know where we placed, had to be worse than 13th) and me winning brisket, it must be snowing in Hell!

For the teams that bet me and lost...Pretty classy paying Wishland on the spot!

Last edited:
Great Event
Location was Good
Damn Freeway Noise
Congrats to Bent
I tell ya what I know
Walking is better than sitting :)

Congrats to Larry Hill for GC. And all that took a walk.
Gary and Brain had a least two walks that I remember, they are making a great team.
Congrats to Bentley on your Brisket! Once we heard our name called, (3rd), I was pulling for you to win, after all the smack people were posting. That was a big and well deserved call.
And now that Thom is starting to spend his time competing, I think we are all in trouble.
Thanks to Sylvie, BigMista, Prof. Salt, and Louis for being such gracious hosts of our Potluck. There was some good eatin' there. The Paella was awesome, Venison Shepards Pie, and That Garlic Dip and S.F Sourdough. And a table of nothing but desserts (including Kristins Homemade Pies). I am starting to get hungry again thinking about it.:shock:
Bill and Dan of Tropical Heat, nice RGC, you will probably see these guys picking up the 1st of many GC sometime this year!
Bent, FYI, we did have one GC already, last year. Though it was a small contest, it was against some stiff competition (Dan Canon, Todd Eaves, 4Q, Pit Stop, etc.). But this RGC means a lot, with a combo of 24 veterans and great newbies, and the always interesting IBCA rules.
Props out to the sponsors, Langers ( supplied free Apple Juice) and BBQ's Galore (Gift Certs. to winners). And Wishland for all the work in putting this on. Hopefully the owners of the Canyon RV Park enoyed us, so we can have it there again. Great facility.
Bill

Congrats to all! Well ran event and I still cannot get over getting 8th in brisket. First time I cooked brisket at a comp. Great flavor but drier than old chit!:rolleyes:

Bent, will send money directly to Kelly. Congrats brother and thanks for bailing me out with the injector. Never leave a plastic injector in your utensil box, it will crack or better yet do not buy one.:biggrin:

Also, Country I owe you for staying up! Country and I were going to take shifts and sleep as we watched each others cookers; next thing you know I heard birds singing.

I want to express my appreciation to Thom Emery for allowing me to team up with him. I'm a rookie at competition cooking so I appreciated watching him work his BBQ mojo on the groceries. He took the time to show me alot of detail and 1st place in ribs aint bad at all.

Congrats to all the other Brothers who placed...I really do enjoy seeing my friends do well.

Here are the final results. Brethren are in bold

Chicken
1st Laurence Hill
2nd Dale Ginos
3rd Mike Wilkens
4th Harry Soo
5th Gary Notley - Notley Que (Notley Que, Brian in SoCal)
6th Neil Strawder - Four Q (Bigmista, Sylvie, Prof. Salt, BBQ_Junkie)
7th Larry Schroeder
8th Phil Carter
9th Thom Emery - Thom Emery (duh!)
10th Glen Stanley - Smell My Butts (gstanle)
11th Chris Prezgay
12th Pam Gram

Ribs
1st Thom Emery
2nd Brian Zalewski - Big Country BBQ (Country HB)
3rd Chris Prezgay
4th Neil Strawder
5th Steve Madaule
6th Pam Gram
7th Bill Keyes - Tropical Heat (Bowtie Bill)
8th Gary Notley
9th Harry Soo
10th Benny Adauito
11th Chris Rocke - Rancho Rocke (C Rocke)
12th Glen Stanley

Pork
1st Bill Keyes
2nd Laurence Hill
3rd Hershel Brannen
4th Gary Notley
5th Steve Madaule
6th Harry Soo
7th Thom Emery
8th Brian Zalewski
9th Chris Prezgay
10th Stephen Franklin - Simply Marvelous BBQ (Big Brother Smoke)
11th Joe Golden
12th Andre Macedo

Brisket
1st Bentley Meredith - Burnt By The Best (Bentley)
2nd Glen Stanley
3rd Bill Keyes
4th Larry Schroeder
5th Laurence Hill
6th Steve Madaule
7th Neil Strawder
8th Stephen Franklin
9th Hershel Brannen
10th Mike Wilkens
11th Pam Gram
12th Dale Ginos

Overall Results
Chicken Ribs Pork Brisket Points Tie Breaker

1st Laurence Hill 12 11 8 31
2nd Bill Keyes 6 12 10 28
3rd Steve Madaule 8 8 7 23
4th Neil Strawder 7 9 6 22 7th place Brisket
5th Thom Emery 4 12 6 22 1st Place Ribs
6th Gary Notley 8 5 9 22
7th Harry Soo 9 4 7 20
8th Brian Zalewski 11 5 16 2nd Place Ribs
9th Chris Prezgay 2 10 4 16
10th Glen Stanley 3 1 11 15 2nd Place Brisket
11th Larry Schroder 6 9 15
12th Hershel Brannen 10 4 14

In the mean time, here are links to the pics!

http://www.flickr.com/gp/98167049@N00/3V4020

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25917031@N08/show/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulfusionkitchen/sets/7215760462990%38%3082/

Be sure to check out the Pot luck pics!

Last edited:
Thank you Kim! It was a really fun contest and very cooker friendly! Did you look at the pics?

Back