THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another thank you to Willie for putting on a great contest, it's a lot of effort and hard work and yet he does it with a smile and a cold beer in hand.

Also, a big congrats to everyone who walked and a thank you to Bob & Laura from Blazin' Buttz for helping us out and lending us the things we forgot to pack and to the Out of the Ashes crew for early morning Jack shots and probably the best pork tenderloin I've ever tasted!

Wish the weather was a little better. Wait, I mean a lot better. The heated U Haul trailer worked out though (patent pending). Congrats to everyone who walked and all who competed in another rain soaked event. Seems like a given with LI events. Couldn't believe hearing our name called. First top ten call and it was awesome. Hope to hear it more often. Wanted to hang out and congratulate more of you in person but we got a comment during the results that we weren't happy about and kind of put a damper on things for us. I want to apologize for not staying. One thing we enjoy most is just hanging out. We mostly just hang at our site but usually at least say hello to most people. We wanted to walk around and BS with everyone but the weather kind of kept us away this contest. Great event. Great time. Thanks to everyone involved for putting it together. Agreed that we need more LI events. Matt

Thanks to all the teams for making this comp a blast. At last count, I saw 3 ez-up carnage. But as I wandered around about 2 AM, I saw teams trying to hold Ez-ups down like a child's balloon, Lake Willie being pumped out, Brethren being Brethren. Made me proud to be part of it.
low res.jpg
Thanks Willie, Thanks Clint.

A Very BIG THANK YOU to Willie B for a job well done:clap2::thumb::thumb::clap2:.
Congrats to Phil on GC, the Edquecaters and the new and improved Blazin Buttz. Sacco who????????:wave: And everyone else who walked:clap2:
Despite the hurricane winds and rain it was a GREAT time!!! Had lots of laughs with our neighbors Smokin Irish:thumb:. Can't wait for next year

It was great to see everyone this weekend. I'm glad we all survived the crazy weather (although not all your canopies did :mad:)
Thanks to Smokers Lounge and Smoke In Da Eye (with guest appearance from Don-Speedracer1) for being great neighbors.
Many thanks to Will for putting together a great event for a great cause.
Congrats to everyone that walked and to our GC Phil and Scott and RGC the Ed Q Cators :clap2:
We missed Frank and his teal Camaro this weekend, but things worked out well :thumb:.

Last edited:
I pulled into the parking lot at 6:45 AM and Willie had a beer in his hand. I went into the VFW at midnight and Willie had a beer in his hand.
I asked a question about the chili and he looked at my with a glossy look in his eyes, paused, and said "I'm off the clock" and went back to his beer. Great job Willie!
Congrats to Phil and team bbq-brethren.com for the GC and to all those that walked.
To my pop-up tent that I purchased at 10:00 AM and crumbled at 5:00 PM, R.I.P.
To all the brethren that survived the storm, cooked their asses off and still had a good time, it was great seeing you and I look forward to the next event (minus the wind and rain!)

Great weekend. I think next time a fundraiser needs to be done they should raffle off a really good ez up. Many teams need one after that storm.
Hey Chubby Hubby thanks for letting us borrow that extension cord!
Smokin Aces- what does your good brisket taste like? Because the brisket you didn't like did awesome!
Congrats to everyone who walked.
See you all next time.

Can someone confirm what the order of judging is on the score sheets? Appearance, Flavor/Taste, Tenderness? I forget how this thing was being judged.

Can someone confirm what the order of judging is on the score sheets? Appearance, Flavor/Taste, Tenderness? I forget how this thing was being judged.

yeah, thats its.

weights and order : Visual .8, Flavor 1.8, Texture 1.4
Scored 1-10 in half point intervals.

200 is perfect per category. 800 is perfect contest score.

It has been added to the heading in the scoring program.

The judges scores were Appearance, Taste and Tenderness.

Maybe one of these days I will read everything before answering.

Last edited:
Speaking of the overall score sheets, besides the one copy handed out which I gave to Brian, are they posted anywhere?
Also besides the top 5 chili, are the rest of the standings available anywhere?
Thanks in advance.

The results overall are not posted but here are the Chili results

Attachments

• ChiliResults.doc
    25 KB · Views: 29
Back