Wife Just Bought a Box of BEEF From a Guy Driving Down Our Street!

Heck, if this is the worst your wife has done your still ok!!! Maybe that should be a new thread in the wood pile....."what is the worst your spouse has done to cost you money". I know we got some Brether-ladies here so.....I will say spouse....!!!

I just had one stop by 2 weeks ago. Was talking up a storm. After he stopped to breath, I said, "can you beat free," he said, "well maybe." "What? Are you gonna pay me to take your meat?" He said it was black angus blah blah. "Well there are two certified black angus farms in my family and I get whatever I want for free. I also get pork and chicken for free too.."

He didn't stop there... "Well...we have lobster, shrimp, and scallops too. Theyre pre-cooked so all you have to do is heat them up." -- "Thanks, but I prefer fresh seafood. I like to know what I'm getting." --"Well--" -- "I'm probably not your guy today..I don't like to pay for meat unless I have too."

Finally he leaves... I couldn't believe he continued his pitch after I told him I get high quality angus for free. wow...

We also fell for the last box sales pitch last year. We didn't get sick but did end up giving away all of the rest of it after we tried one of the steaks. It just didn't have the right texture and had no taste. Lesson learned!!

Haven't seen them on a while, but was always the last box BS, along with the "Let's microwave one and throw it on the grill." My neighbor and I always told them that we were vegetarian; end of confrontation.

Sorry to hear your wife fell for their scam. It's the same everywhere. You can't trust these people. The stuff they have is poor quality and there is no way to know if its been properly handled. When I first moved into my house and I was working in my garage one of these guys came by and tried to make a sale. No matter how many times I said no he had another pitch. When he started laying packages of frozen meat on my garage floor I had had enough. I said in a very direct and calm voice that he had one minute to pick up his meat and get off my property before I grabbed my shotgun. He was gone in under a minute and I never saw him again in the neighborhood.

The In Laws bought a box of that last year and gave it to us, it looked good, but after cooking a couple of the steaks, that wound up as dog food, we advised them to not waste their money again on that crap it was awful!:tsk:

For now I'm going to keep an open mind and see how it tastes. Maybe it is better than the stories I have read here. I agree "the last box" pitch is to get you to buy, thinking you have a bargain. The company has a website and seems to new to the St Louis area.
I will post back later with the results of the taste test.

My wife did that once.....after my scolding she will NEVER do it again....I am way to wary of those things.....MHO

https://www.iasteak.com/Default.aspx

It's just like the old White Van speakers scam. They have a website for their products too, so you can look it up and see what a good deal you're getting. :mmph:

And 'Iowa'.... wasn't that the really expensive steak company I saw on HSN, they're for real? Oh, it was Omaha?

http://www.omahasteaks.com

Whether or not you like Omaha steaks, at least they are legit. Compare the websites. Iowa has a box of meat for $499 that includes:

T-bone steaks
Top Sirloin
Beef Sirloin steak
Boneless beef top sirloin
Boneless beef filets
Chop Steak half pound patties

No listing of amounts or weights etc....

The most expensive package I can find on Omaha is "The High Life Banquet"

8 (6 oz.) Filet Mignons
8 (10 oz.) Boneless Strips
8 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins
8 (8 oz.) Ribeyes

$349.

$21/lb!!!!! but at least they are up front on number and size.

Maybe that $15/lb cut at the fancy butchers ain't so bad after all :wacko:

Reminds me of the guys who drive around, usually in a white mini van, saying they have EV Voice of the Theater speakers because an extra pallet got left at the dock and you can have 'em cheap.

I am usually skeptical of people selling things from places where they cannot be found later.

The speakers are nothing more than the cabinets with some sand inside them. I know a guy that got suckered into buying one of these deals in a Home Depot parking lot only to get it home and realize he had been taken.

Maybe that should be a new thread in the wood pile....."what is the worst your spouse has done to cost you money".

Oh LORD, don't get me started!!! :rant:

Let's just say, I'd be overjoyed if the worst my wife did was to buy a box of bad meat!

We were outside one time when a similar type of sales guy with the same pitch, stopped. I am a meat snob so I automatically said no, but my neighbors wanted to try it out. The thing was that they didn't want the whole package so talked my wife into going in half.

I thought the meat was awful, but my neighbors said it was ok! To each his own.

The fact that he pulled his truck into your driveway is enough to madden me. If it were my place, I'd of told the guy to get his farking truck off of my property quick because I'm going to grab my shotgun.

Anyone with common sense doesn't pull their leaky old truck into a stranger's driveway without permission.

I used to have them accost me when I was in the front yard, always told them to take a hike as I pointed to the Glock sticker in the back window of my car.. they scrammed quickly. And the meat is awful for sure.

Sorry about your luck. I'd prolly toss the ground beef and try to rescue the steaks, as long as they look like steaks.

Pappy Pappy Pappy or any other near STLville. We raise Black Angus steers. Culling will be in July/Aug. It will be hung for 2 weeks to age. Then the beef will be sliced and diced and vac sucked at the processor at somewhere around $1.75lb live weight. You will loose35 to 40% during processing. I will be happy to sell you some and will guaruntee it. Also I am not going anywhere... You can even come with me to pick it up from the processor...

Back