Whole Hog prices!

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
I am finally going to cook a whole hog in a few weeks.Started to call around for prices. In the Pittsburgh area for a hog under 70#, have not found a price under 2.99 #, seems high to me. That is a dressed price.

This is the cheapest I have found.

Inquire about one of our Roasting HOGS

Great for Graduation Parties, Weddings, Family Reunions and more...

We have all sizes of hogs from 30 LBS to 120LBS to fit your party needs.

Want to add a side of extra meat... We can stuff your roasting hog with Cheplics homemade Kolbasi and we can cook your hog for $75 regardless of the size.

111-120 LBS $2.29 LB

101-110 LBS $2.39 LB

91-100 LBS $2.49 LB

81-90 LBS $2.59 LB

71-80 LBS $2.79 LB

61-70 LBS $2.99 LB

51-60 LBS $3.29 LB

41-50 LBS $3.89 LB

31-40 LBS $4.29 LB

20- 30 LBS $4.39 LB

For more information about roasting hogs, roast beef or pork please call Gary

at (724) 348-7094.

Pig farmers are plentiful in my area. I can get a hog(dressed) for a little over $1/pound. I'm not sure about what breed and all of that.

You'll actually find that a larger pig can cost less than a smaller pig because the base cost of butchering, cleaning, prep, and then shaving. Onto that comes the price of the pig. When it's all averaged out to price per pound the smaller pig costs more per pound due to butchering and prep work.

It takes almost the same amount of time to butcher and clean a 70 pound pig as it does to do the same as a 100 pound pig.

That's cheap, don't complain! I paid $2.99 per pound last year in Cleveland for a fresh, 75 pound dressed-weight hog, but in North Texas where I live the best price I can find is $5.00 per pound or higher for the same size.....

I paid about 1.20/# for my 80lber but it was wholesale from a larger slaughterhouse. If you can't find anything else, those prices really don't sound that bad, when you consider how much you'd spend on other meats if you weren't doing a hog.

Did you try google searches for things like Hog processing and pig farms?

This is very close to what I paid here in California...

I am finally going to cook a whole hog in a few weeks.Started to call around for prices. In the Pittsburgh area for a hog under 70#, have not found a price under 2.99 #, seems high to me. That is a dressed price.

This is the cheapest I have found.

Inquire about one of our Roasting HOGS

Great for Graduation Parties, Weddings, Family Reunions and more...

We have all sizes of hogs from 30 LBS to 120LBS to fit your party needs.

Want to add a side of extra meat... We can stuff your roasting hog with Cheplics homemade Kolbasi and we can cook your hog for $75 regardless of the size.

111-120 LBS $2.29 LB

101-110 LBS $2.39 LB

91-100 LBS $2.49 LB

81-90 LBS $2.59 LB

71-80 LBS $2.79 LB

61-70 LBS $2.99 LB

51-60 LBS $3.29 LB

41-50 LBS $3.89 LB

31-40 LBS $4.29 LB

20- 30 LBS $4.39 LB

For more information about roasting hogs, roast beef or pork please call Gary

at (724) 348-7094.

I've been checking into prices too.

2.50 at the meat market per lb.

2.95 for a heritage breed from a local guy.

I wish I could find cheaper.

Whole Hog

Hi All Any where in NJ I can get small hog for my 36" Shirley? I belive they are called suckling pigs?
Prices?
Thanks DanB

check Craigslist too. you might find a local farmer that is selling often times they have a local processor. Google meat processors in your general area. it took me a while but I found a rural small time meat processor. it's an hour plus drive but half the cost and never frozen, fresh from the local farmers. plus they don't even ask for a deposit.

Hi All Any where in NJ I can get small hog for my 36" Shirley? I belive they are called suckling pigs?
Prices?
Thanks DanB

If you have a Costco Business, check there in the freezer. Ours just started carrying some from 20-30lb at 2.99lb

I just cooked up a 21 lb one on my shirley.

You'll actually find that a larger pig can cost less than a smaller pig because the base cost of butchering, cleaning, prep, and then shaving. Onto that comes the price of the pig. When it's all averaged out to price per pound the smaller pig costs more per pound due to butchering and prep work.

It takes almost the same amount of time to butcher and clean a 70 pound pig as it does to do the same as a 100 pound pig.

Very true, I'm putting pigs here next year....just trying to get the pen placement and rotation right in my head.

-D

Back