Prime Brisket Prices - Pittsburgh

mcdeadstein

Knows what a fatty is.
Just wanted to give an update on prime brisket prices in this region. I had been holding off buying any due to the price going up during the early part of Pandemic 2020.

On 8/9 I saw the following:

Costco (Robinson PA) - 3.49/lb however the actual tags on the briskets were 3.29 lb so a mistake either in on the placard or the labels.

Sams (Robinson PA) - 3.29/lb - this has been the advertised price for a few weeks now however I had never been able to find them in stock. THis weekend there were plenty.

Note: I saw no 'smaller' briskets all of these were in the 16+ lb range and when I asked the meat cutters are Costco they said all of the recent shipments were larger than normal. Maybe a downstream impact of the pandemic idk. Just an observation. All of the briskets at Rest Depot were also 'large'.

My local Costco, Bradenton, FL, had Prime Briskets at the same price this past weekend. Probably 30 or more in the case. I didn't pay a lot of attention to size as I wasn't going to buy one, but I think I saw some at less than 16ish.

Back