Where to source duck breast

bowhnter

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
After seeing SmokinAussie’s cook, I want to have some duck breast on new years eve.

I see them at WildFork, but the breasts look pretty thin. That could be because they’re cryovaced though.
Has anyone had them from WF?

Do you have any ideas where to get them?

I have tried Whole Foods, sprouts, HEB, Market Street, Kroger, Albertsons, Walmart, online search for local stores. I can find whole duck, but I only want the breasts.

Last edited:
I think I finally found it. At least their website says they have it. I had forgotten about Central Market.

IMHO the best duck is the Long Island duckling. You can get them (breasts) from https://tastyduck.com/ Jurgielewicz farm in PA. I have three whole ducks from them thawing for this Sunday's family get together for Christmas.

I have fixed duck breast for years and love them. For my money, Liberty Duck in I think Sonoma CA is the all time best. Never had better. They are out of breasts right now, but you can ask them to notify you when they are back in stock.

https://libertyducks.com/

Maple Leaf Farm in Indiana also produces great breasts if you can find them. Kroger used to carry them.

https://shopmapleleaffarms.com/

I've ordered from WF, they're good too. I do prefer the other two.

My Aldi had some frozen last time I went in looking around.

Also, check your oriental markets. They carry it sometimes.

I haven't checked Aldi, Ill give that a try too.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

It’s Duck Season in Texas!

MV5BYzI4NjNiM2EtOTQxYy00MzkwLTgwMzctYzU5OGZlYWIzN2UzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5MzExNDE@._V1_.jpg

Don't knock it till you try it. Think of the duck tongues you need per kilo. :shock:

Admittedly, they are total crap.

Must be some kind of medicinal purpose/fountain of youth/good luck/prosperity thing to some country somewhere.

Kinda like shark fin soup. But hey, if there's a market for chicken feet, duck tongue is even meatier.

Different strokes for different folks. All about what culture you grew up in. :thumb:

Must be some kind of medicinal purpose/fountain of youth/good luck/prosperity thing to some country somewhere.

Kinda like shark fin soup. But hey, if there's a market for chicken feet, duck tongue is even meatier.

Different strokes for different folks. All about what culture you grew up in. :thumb:

Funny you mentioned chicken feet. My wife uses chicken feet to make bone broth for the dogs. She heats up a little and puts it on thier food.

She made a gallon of it today, and it’s cooling on the window chill right now.

9-B0-C4-DB4-2661-4-BE3-9-E89-55-EB47-CB64-F6.jpg

Funny you mentioned chicken feet. My wife uses chicken feet to make bone broth for the dogs. She heats up a little and puts it on thier food.

She made a gallon of it today, and it’s cooling on the window chill right now.

And the pet supply places sell dehydrated chicken feet for crunchy dog treats.

Back