Last minute MSU grilled chicken breast sandwich

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Work has been crazy and not in a fun way this past week, the closest I've gotten to grilling anything has been poaching some sausages I stuffed in water and then pan frying for a quick lunch. But there's a Brethren chicken breast Throwdown that ends tomorrow, and finally I caught a reprieve and could fire up the grill.

Because it was such short notice I didn't have time to do any sort of especially creative recipe or one that required advanced prep like a marinade, so I stopped at the store, got some chicken breasts, then sliced them down the middle to make two pieces that are a little less thick. I used an Italian dressing seasoning and some olive oil to whip up a quick oil slather/marinade thing and they chilled in the fridge for about an hour while the grill came up to temp.

Once the chicken was done I grilled up some quick and easy canned pineapple slices, then put a couple slices of Swiss cheese on two pieces of chicken breast, topped mine with bacon (wife didn't want any bacon on hers :loco:) then two grilled pineapple slices on each. Brioche buns toasted on the grill, then mayo on each for a hydrophobic layer, place chicken/cheese/bacon/pineapple concoction onto bun, then top with alfalfa sprouts. Steak style fries in the countertop deep fryer, voila!

I present to you the "Last minute MSU grilled chicken breast sandwich". It was tasty :clap2: it was nice to be manning the grill again :thumb:

My <3 IPA....or any beer for that matter

uTnooNv.jpg

Oh yeah!!

The bacon, the pineapple, the skin on wedges and the suds blew that chicken breast concoction to the moon. Nice!

That is a pretty impressive "last minute, nothing too fancy" entry. I'd be happy with that if I spent two days planning it! You have an awesome sandwich there, brother.

Back