Boneless Skin-On Turkey Breast — Where to Buy?

Jlems

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Justin
Happy Halloween Everyone! This is when our family starts looking for thanksgiving meats, to hopefully (barely) beat the shopping rush. I’ll typically buy a few boneless skin-on breasts and smoke them up Texas style for tailgates and for Thanksgiving afternoon. Trouble is, I can’t seem to find any. Does anyone know of a good online source for this? We were recently in Fort Worth at Panther City BBQ and the staff mentioned a shortage (just in time for the holidays!), so I’m a little concerned!

Yup.....bird flu hit the turkeys. Read about it a couple weeks ago. They had to kill a boat load to stop it from spreading.

Buy a frozen bone in breast and debone. One of those "Do the best you can" things.

I have been seeing them at our local Meijer, Walmart and Aldi. Made purchases from all locations. I did like Aldi ones the best. Butterball at other stores

What it is.

It's a re-alignment of expectations for the human population. Whenever there is an opportunity for anyone (gov't or big business) to prevent you from getting what you thought was easy, they will take it.

Time to buy your skin off Turkey in June and pop it in the freezer. That is if you can afford the electricity to run it over Summer.

Sorry. Tin Foil Hat Mod is activated.

Cheers!

Bill

Several years ago, I started buying thr whole bird and cutting it up. It isnt too hard to bone out a breast. Watch a video one or five ( I am a slow learner) times and hit it

Happy Halloween Everyone! This is when our family starts looking for thanksgiving meats, to hopefully (barely) beat the shopping rush. I’ll typically buy a few boneless skin-on breasts and smoke them up Texas style for tailgates and for Thanksgiving afternoon. Trouble is, I can’t seem to find any. Does anyone know of a good online source for this? We were recently in Fort Worth at Panther City BBQ and the staff mentioned a shortage (just in time for the holidays!), so I’m a little concerned!
Not online, but likely within driving distance Peacocks. Been going there many years. Fresh Amish turkey anytime of the year if you order ahead.

Peacock's supplies many grocery stores and restaurants around here with Amish poultry. If you drive Rochester Road in Troy looking for it the first time, you'll likely pass it a couple times before finding it.

Word of warning ordering turkey from there around Thanksgiving. It's not a big property and has very little parking. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday pickup days before Thanksgiving, the place is complete chaos. Troy cops are usually there to help direct traffic.

There are likely other stores but know two grocery stores that take orders for Peacock's turkey around the holidays. Can pick up there also:

Antonios at 17 Mile and Ryan in Sterling Heights
Ventimiglios on Dodge Park north of 15 Mile in Sterling Heights

Erik, great info. I know of both markets you mentioned. I'll give it a shot!

Back