THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I keep my Oakridge stuff in a kitchen cabinet (Oakridge seem to be well sealed) and the plastic jars in a cambro downstairs. Still get clumping sometimes. I’m wondering if the small desiccant bags would be food safe

Buy a bag of beef jerky (Jack Link's or Oberto - sacrilege, I know) eat said jerky, put the little packet from inside the jerky bag in your Rub container, especially if it's a smaller jar, like 1lb or so... those are food safe and should last a while to keep moisture at bay...

I had a good friend who was a spice salesman. Used to to give me all the spices I needed. Told me to store in mason jars in the freezer. he's retired now , so no more freebies, but the spices in the freezer seem to retain all their freshness. YMMV

Back