What's smoking for Super Bowel Sunday?

I smoked a brisket for a potluck on the ole WSM. Went on at 6pm Sat/Done at 11:30am on Sunday and into the cooler. Carved into it at 3:15pm for sandwiches.

Bigmofo300lbs said:
I smoked a brisket for a potluck on the ole WSM. Went on at 6pm Sat/Done at 11:30am on Sunday and into the cooler. Carved into it at 3:15pm for sandwiches.

Are you back in Pasadena? Says so in your tagline. Go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Yakfishingfool said:
Ended up doing a fish fry. A pound of shrimp in coconut batter, fries, 3 pounds of talapia, a pound of scallops wrapped in bacon. Onion rings. turned out great. Love large friers. S

Next year if you have a fish fry and let the Klose sit there in silence we will have to drive up there and obscond with it. And we get a jury of our peers(BBQers) so I don't think we would get convicted.

I'm a little late with these, but here's some pics from the weekend...

First, Friday night. Quick dinner. I took some chicken chests and dusted them with some Spicewine Hen 'n' Hog dust and grilled them on the gasser (5 minutes direct high heat, skin side down, then 20 minutes indirect until they wer 160 internal) and then glazed with some Spicewine sauce.

IMG_0892.jpg

Next, for Super Bowel Sunday I made a big pot of Saiko's Killer Chili from the recipe section. Good stuff! Thanks for the recipe, Saiko (if you're listening) :-D

IMG_0895.jpg

And just in case anyone asks, the cheese is shredded cheddar. No, I didn't shred it myself. Sargento's did. :-D

There is entirely too much paint on that firebox. Have you actually used it? :-D

only twice..... with being out of town due to work (Las Vegas...LOL) i really havent had time! it sucks!!

I cooked up 3 pounds of Pig Candy Sunday - first time I tried it. I needed to cook it longer than the 20 minutes stated in the recipie (more like 25 or 30) but they came out great. They were all gone in no time.

Back