What's smoking for Super Bowel Sunday?

I'm doing a pesto turkey... dirty roasted garlic twice baked potatoes with ground roasted pancetta and sour cream topping, and roasted parsnips, turnips, crimini mushrooms .....not sure what else at the moment:eusa_clap

rumors of 41 degrees in the great white north 2 butts, 1 brisket, and a stuffed fatty or two. Hope I do not run out of wood and the weather holds out. First big smoke in Owego. Yahooooooo "Can't you smell that smell"

thillin said:
Why do you yankees call it chile? Don't you know that's a country? Down here we have Chili.:biggrin:

Chile got beans it. Chili don't.

frognot said:
Chile got beans it. Chili don't.

Chile is a country in South America or a term of endearment as in "Honey Chile don't eat that nasty ole frog.":biggrin:

Since it is the Super Bowel I think the Terlett might be smoking.

"What's smoking for Super Bowel Sunday"

I feel "moved" to do some baby backs since my butcher had em 2.50 per # today.

brdbbq said:
Since it is the Super Bowel I think the Terlett might be smoking.

Sounds like a man who has drained his toilet bowel before to use it as a grill.

Just keep the fan on to avoid CO poisioning.

Sounds like there will be a lot of good cooking going on for Sunday, it ALL sounds good.

I see mis-spelling B-O-W-L (bowel) will be a little difficult to live down, have fun with it.

On my drunken chicken though, I had read a past thread about dusting the chicken with cornstarch, I am going to give that a try this weekend. The skin on the chicken in the picture, seemed like it turned out really good, can't wait to try it out.

I think I'll try a couple spatchcocked yardbirds with the cornstarch. I do like crispy skin on chicken.

On the smoker's saturday...

Gonna break in the new Dera Saturday. Took a bunch of orders from folks at work and cookin up some for my own Super Bowel.
15 racks of babies
4 whole chickens
32 bone in chicken breasts
5, 2lb fatties
12 Brauts
Got three 6 packs left of Leininkugle Red to wash it down with.:wink:

Gonna probably do the ribs and the fatties on the Dera and the chicken on the Silver Smoker.

Got to get the hammock out...:cool:

The Superbowl is only on subscription channels or Pay Per View in the UK, I'll be downloading it and having a Superbowl Wednesday!!!

CORRECTION!!!! One of our free channels (ITV) are showing the Superbowl!!! 23:30 until 03:30. I'm doing overtime that day so its going to be a long day!!! I'm so happy - Go Steelers!!!

I tend to do the same each year, 'Piccy food' (as my other half puts it or Finger Food to the rest of the world), Hot Dogs, Brisket Chili (that was frozen last week) etc etc. I'll be beached afterwards!

Last edited:
Bowel, Bowl, its all good

I will be doing:
13- rack baby backs
4-chickens
2 turkeys
3-pork loins
8 fatties
2-Brisket

Sad thing is..... none of it is for me.
Got started smoking for parties a few years back, now making some good money drinking beer and watching TV in the garage...

We are having a couple of friends over not a big party. I will be making:
2-3 racks of spares (finished with Pineapple Habenaro Texas Pepper Jelly)
2- Italian flavored fatties
1/2 Doz stuffed bird thighs
12-15 Wings
Dozen Jumbo Shrimp w/ pepper jack cheese, sliver of jalapeno wrapped in bacon (a little smoke finish on the grill).
GO STEELERS!!!

Help the rookie

OK Pro Bro's out there. I need some learnin from y'all. I'm gonna load up the Dera this weekend with 15 Babies, 3 spares, 10 brats and 5, 2lb fatties. I don't have my Spicewine fire box mod yet. Probably won't be here until next week. So I got to have all this ready smoked this Saturday. The PB has a great dry rub to dust it all with, then gonna spritz with apple juice every 30 min or so, and use kingsford (original) and some of Fairlane's (guy in Independece MO) Apple Wood. Because of the volume of meat in the Dera, and hoping I can keep Her between 200 and 225 with a forcast this Saturday ranging the in the 40's, how long do you think it's going to take? Also does anybody know the proper rotation of the meat as I'm sure the bottom will be hotter than the top. Bruno and I already put in the diffuser mod so the heat should get distributed.

Thanks,

Todd, aka the Hawg in HawgsnHeifers BBQ

markbet said:
I just got volunteered for smoking meat for a Super Bowel party this Sunday. I will be doing 6 racks of St. Louis syle ribs, 2 drunken chickens, 1 five pound boston butt (pulled) and probably 3 or 4 fatties, and one keg of brew, just to get things started.
No cookin' for super "bowel". I live 10 mi. from downtown deeeetroit! Gonna go downtown & check out the sights. I heard they really shined up the city for this one!:eusa_clap :biggrin:

We're having Pot Luck for our Church Super Bowl Party. Money is tight right now so I'll probably whip up a crockpot of Red Beans w/ Sausage and some rice.

Back