What's On The Menu For Thanksgiving? What Are You In Charge Of?

I have to spend day with mickey and minnie at magic kingdom then jump on disney cruise day after

Kinda wish I was cooking tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask Minnie for the escargot

:brick:

doing 2 rotisserie turkeys on the double Kettle table. Should be easy enough. Had to buy a second rotisserie set up for the cook. Darn, I had to add more cooking tools to my arsenal.

I’d like to see this double kettle table :becky: I have had a Weber brand rotisserie for years, but when our headcount increased and I realized I needed a second turkey, I wasn’t sure how to handle the cook. Ended up buying one of the $100ish rotisserie setups from Amazon.

Ah yeah, that’s what I bought it for. Tortillas. Haha

Try it! I think you'll like it. Doesn't deviate all that much from the real thing. I mean you'll taste difference but it's pretty dang good. I can get a recipe to you if you want. It's been a while but I know there is coconut milk and stuff involved. Obviously different ways to make em.

Lol, just as you had planned. Sticking to it. :thumb:

I'm not thrilled. The family part will be good for sure, but she throws a huge fit if you bring anything. I used to love it, then I learned to cook and add flavor to food, and she missed that last part... so whatever. At least it's a drama free event, and I can sneak out for a cigar between the meal and the pie.

We’re in charge of everything, we’ll except the dressing, we buy it from a local restaurant like everyone else does. They have the dressing down to a science and I suck at it, it’s a no brainer!

What has my attention is the cassava tortillas! I’ll be trying a recipe or two of those on Friday, flour tortillas is one thing I miss and have yet to find a decent replacement. Thanks for the idea Sako, and Happy Thanksgiving

Non traditional this year. I am in charge of proteins and there will only be 6-8 of us. So, 4 racks of St. Louis cut pork ribs, 3 lb msu meatloaf, 1/2 bone-in ham. All on the Assassin 48. And since I could not find any smoked ham hocks for the wife's green beans, also some fresh pork necks.

Will be smoking it tomorrow as rain is forecast for Thursday, figure out the reheat thing when the time comes...

We’re going off script as well with a fusion of Italian and “multiple” desserts and cider for our small gathering (bride, myself, BIL and SIL).

I’m in charge of the lasagna, Cesar salad and butter soaked garlic bread (12 sticks per loaf).

My bride is handling the pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin cheese cake, chocolate chip cookies, monster cookies, caramel brownies, lemon bars, cinnamon roll pound cake, sugar cookies and mulled apple cider. :shock:

Neither one of us have a huge sweet tooth so her brother better plan on bringing his truck to transport home all the leftover goodies.

Going to the brother in laws house. I am bringing corn bread and hot Italian sausage stuffing, sweet potato casserole with pecan brown sugar topping, green bean casserole (my daughter's request) and French meat stuffing. Since I have no French in me, that one is a challenge. My daughter who is a professional chef has the gravy and pies covered. The truck will be full.

Back