What else for comp?

Water. Lots of Water. Between the heat, sun and beer, there are many things trying to dehydrate you at these things. DDrink a lot of water, and you'll be ok. Neglect to, and, well, good luck.

A fan. Its going to be hot in Asheboro and some rain gear, sides for the tent or plastic to cover everything. Maybe something to hold the tents down.
Cooks church at 6:45AM Saturday. Location to be announced at the cooks meeting.

Ill tell you something we recently started bringing, and that was a rubermaid container thats about the size of a oven pan. You will have quite a bit of meat left over, and its hot during cleanup and its very easy to want to throw it away.Pack one of these and you can eat it that whole week!

We started the same thing as Brother in Law BBQ;
We take a Rubbermaid bin and use it to place anything dirty(pots, pans, towels, cutlery, sauce/rub containers, aprons, cups, etc.). After awards we just throw the dirty bin on the trailer and deal with the cleaning of the stuff after we get home - always a good Sunday project!!:mrgreen:

Water. Lots of Water. Between the heat, sun and beer, there are many things trying to dehydrate you at these things. DDrink a lot of water, and you'll be ok. Neglect to, and, well, good luck.

I am making 5 gallons of sweet tea in pickle jars and taking with us, I can't do most water, I grew up with a spring and nothing else taste right :)

Will we need an adapter for the extension cord or will it be I guess a "normal" plug?

That would be a question for the organizer. It's usually a standard plug unless you pay for upgraded electrical, but start with the organizer.

I saw one person mention rain gear, and I will second that as well as an EXTRA change of clothes. I can't tell you how many times we've been soaked and were fortunate to have brought one extra set (including extra shoes).

Use as much disposable as possible. When we started I had great ambition of reusing and saving money, but you're better to use disposable where you can (foil pans and cutting boards).

Last suggestion, a source of music or entertainment :). A simple radio works great, but we got a Bluetooth speaker from Walmart for about $50, and we run pandora on one phone all weekend.

Have fun and good luck!

Back