What else for comp?

HouseofSmoke

Knows what a fatty is.
We have 18 days until our first comp here is what I have, what other basics should we need:

I have all the meats
A tent w/ air mattress to sleep in (could have bought a trailer BUT used that money to adopt our 2 little ones)
2 Canopies
Cooker with sinks
2 tables
chairs
metal ash bucket
2 chimneys
5# fire extinguisher
first aid kit ( I have met me LOL )
Charcoal
Wood
rubs, injections and sauces
injectors, knives, and squeeze bottles
Coolers
Cambro
Gloves
sanitizer water
cleaning rags
and a check list as we pack to make sure we don't forget anything
I want to make sure we are ready and haven't left out something crucial
Thank Y'all

Last edited:
I see gloves. does that include gloves for handling hot food and welding gloves for clearing out ash or handling hot smoker parts?

pvc leg extensions
Old rug or rubber mat to stand on
Spray cleaner
Paper towels
Foil pans
Grease/grey water pail

Didn't see a roll of HD alum foil, lighter to start paper in the chimneys or a turkey fryer burner & propane, cozies, toilet paper, alarm clock, Nuke clock, knife sharpener/steel, head lamp or flash lights, batteries, air mattress pump, paper plates plastic silverware, trash can & bags, food, bug/fly spray, electric fan, cel phone charger, notebook and pens, hot plate, skillet, sauce pan, meat tongs, big spatula, big tubs to haul it all in. I'm sure there's more.

Didn't see a roll of HD alum foil, lighter to start paper in the chimneys or a turkey fryer burner & propane, cozies, toilet paper, alarm clock, Nuke clock, knife sharpener/steel, head lamp or flash lights, batteries, air mattress pump, paper plates plastic silverware, trash can & bags, food, bug/fly spray, electric fan, cel phone charger, notebook and pens, hot plate, skillet, sauce pan, meat tongs, big spatula, big tubs to haul it all in. I'm sure there's more.

I have foil, texas match, trash bags, fans, More totes then rubbermaid (LOL), trash can and bags, pans, racks, stuff for our personal food and our food, and tongs :)

airplane Bottle of Jack for shot when cook is done:)

Thank you I'll check that out

And don't get cheap ones! At least 12 ga wire. I've seen more comp power problems by people trying to run 200' of 16 ga extension cord!

Thank you I'll make sure it is a lower gage

I see gloves. does that include gloves for handling hot food and welding gloves for clearing out ash or handling hot smoker parts?

Yes Sir have all those

Yes, I know it's going to sound corny, but make certain to pack a good sense of humor...:biggrin1:
You have no idea how important it can be - no matter what happens, enjoy it, learn from it, and figure out how you can improve next go-round - Best of Luck!!:clap2:

Yes, I know it's going to sound corny, but make certain to pack a good sense of humor...:biggrin1:
You have no idea how important it can be - no matter what happens, enjoy it, learn from it, and figure out how you can improve next go-round - Best of Luck!!:clap2:

We certainly will and thank you so much

Ill tell you something we recently started bringing, and that was a rubermaid container thats about the size of a oven pan. You will have quite a bit of meat left over, and its hot during cleanup and its very easy to want to throw it away.Pack one of these and you can eat it that whole week!

Ill tell you something we recently started bringing, and that was a rubermaid container thats about the size of a oven pan. You will have quite a bit of meat left over, and its hot during cleanup and its very easy to want to throw it away.Pack one of these and you can eat it that whole week!

Thank you so much that is a great idea

Hey man a couple more things i forgot, we cook out of tents/canopies also, and we use the heck out of our sides that we have for them.It is awesome for wind/sun/privacy at night when sleeping, or keeping festival goers out of your work space during turnins, which will happen. Also cable ties we use to fix everything with, you can never have enough of these, Harbor freight is your friend for a lot of things!

Back