THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHat do you use Original kingsford for

• Grilling

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Smoking

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Both

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • I dont use Original Kings Ford

Votes: 20 13.6%

• Total voters
People sometimes trash KB, but a whole lot of us use it, and people like our que, so it can't be too bad.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. :becky: :becky: :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use it for just about everything especially smoking. For cooking steaks I use lump but everything else is the K blue for the same reason as others...cheap and readily available plus I don't taste the difference.

I don't use anything that contains actual coal or coal dust in it. That is why kingsford stinks like an unwashed urinal. That last I had was given to me and I used the bags to keep the lids on the garbage barrels from being opened by raccoons and possums. If not for that it would have went into the trash heap.

i use RO lump for smoking, Diablo mesquite lump for grilling and KF blue for grilling, dutchoven and the rotis, but i have never smoked with it. I think i will try it out at least once and see how it does. I picked up my 5.88$ bags on tuesday for the black friday sale. hahaha. They were on the floor and i had the dude scan it and he said it was 5.88 so i asked for 2 bags. he gave it to me. haha.

in a stick burner, is there a way to block smoke from entering the cooking chamber? IE, a vent to close off that only allows heat in the cooking chamber but no smoke. im just curious

thanks

Back