THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Paul
A friend of mine has a charcoal grill that needs to be replaced. It's probably 30"x18" at the cooking area. The cooking grates are at a fixed height but the charcoal tray can be raised and lowered with a hand crank. It also has a rotisserie and a lid that can be shut with the rotisserie in use. Trying to find a replacement with all these features and i'm not seeing alot of options. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions. If it has to be the custom route i have an idea of a few builders but looking for production models first.

This has an adjustable charcoal tray. Not sure what your friends budget is.

I think the trend is raising and lowering the food grates (Santa Maria) instead of the fuel grates - probably helps with longevity since the height adjustment mechanism isn't as close to the heat. Several builders are building Santa Maria grills with lids that can be closed while cooking. The builder that made my big open Santa Maria grill has been making then for years - Smokers and Grills Made in the USA - AZ BBQ Outfitters

I think the trend is raising and lowering the food grates (Santa Maria) instead of the fuel grates - probably helps with longevity since the height adjustment mechanism isn't as close to the heat. Several builders are building Santa Maria grills with lids that can be closed while cooking. The builder that made my big open Santa Maria grill has been making then for years - Smokers and Grills Made in the USA - AZ BBQ Outfitters
those are nice, fairly reasonable prices as well. hmmm, now ya got me thinkin evil thoughts :p

those are nice, fairly reasonable prices as well. hmmm, now ya got me thinkin evil thoughts :p
I got mine with the intention of mainly using charcoal and occasionally using wood, but now I'm pretty much exclusively wood.

Attachments

I’m in the process of building an island with a built in Santa Maria grill. I’ve wanted a Santa Maria for years. After I’m finishing building the grill, I’ll figure out how I want to build the lid.

I recently bought a Hasty Bake grill that might meet those requirements. It has the adjustable charcoal grate and the option for a rotisserie. I've cooked chicken wings, hamburgers, whole chicken, ribs, etc. and have really enjoyed using it as both a smoker or grill.

Also mGrills makes the M1 and B2 grills with adjustable charcoal grates. I've never used one but have read some good reviews about them.

I wrote yoder 20 plus years ago asking if they would make a deeper for their adjustable grate grill I would pay them immediately, they wrote back and said they were not interested......I think they could have tripled or quad their grill sales.....but sometimes business people don’t listen to their customers......Still think it would be an incredible grill.... maybe pits and spits will......I know Klose has something very impressible.

Back