What brand of ribs do you prefer? Compart?

Well todays ribs were very good. Cooked hot and fast at 350 and wrapped in white butcher after 1 hour, there were done in 3 hours, sauced and set for 15 mins rested for 30. They were good, going to buy a few to save for next event tomarrow morning.

Really ?!?!.. have you tried them ?!?!?.. Just because they are premium duroc pork that costs a lot of money don't really mean they are worth a damn.

No sir I have not tried them, just seen a couple big names throwing the brand around so am surprised there are not more guys here using them if they are "premium". Seems odd the general consensus on ribs is not to pay more for higher quality yet most will not blink at wagyu or prime or other high end briskets. I do have some on order for the next event, should get them next week so I'll let everyone know if I think they are worth 14 to 15 bucks a rack, heck we're already paying 10-12 a rack now not that much difference. If I pay the freight they cost me about 18 bucks a rack but am getting them through a buddy with a restaurant coming through a purveyor so no freight, worth a try at least imo.

No sir I have not tried them, just seen a couple big names throwing the brand around so am surprised there are not more guys here using them if they are "premium". Seems odd the general consensus on ribs is not to pay more for higher quality yet most will not blink at wagyu or prime or other high end briskets. I do have some on order for the next event, should get them next week so I'll let everyone know if I think they are worth 14 to 15 bucks a rack, heck we're already paying 10-12 a rack now not that much difference. If I pay the freight they cost me about 18 bucks a rack but am getting them through a buddy with a restaurant coming through a purveyor so no freight, worth a try at least imo.

try them, but not at a contest !

Farmland st louis or HEB market trimmed st Louis

For once Justin and I agree on something!

If I feel like doing some extra work, I'll just buy the 3 pack at Sams and trim my own.

Did pretty well with Ribs in multiple organizations this year, so I don't see the need to spend anymore additional dollars on them

No Compart users here?, I'm surprised.

I have used duroc, berkshire, never mangalitsa, all natural, solution enhanced. I will say that I believe there is no difference when the rib is finally cooked perfectly between, duroc, berkshire, all natural. Enhanced ribs sometimes get hammy if they are in solution long, but if cooked perfectly I dont believe there is a huge difference. If you want to start talking pork chops thats a different story, buy the berkshire!

Thanks for the replys every body, if the Compart deal comes through I'll ya'll know how they turn out.

I remember back in the day we could get Premium Standard Farms.. best ribs out there!!.. It's a shame they are no more. I like Swift now.

They are way overpriced but Whole Foods St Louis ribs are huge slabs. The Sam's packs are usually pretty good. I dont have much issue with "All Flap"

Back