What are your go-to topping for hot dogs and burgers?

Hot dogs:
Chili. Slaw. Onions.
Or
Ketchup, Mayo, mustard
Or
Chicago style
Or
Bacon wrapped

(I like hot dogs almost anyway you can make them)

Burgers:
Mushrooms, Swiss and mayo
Or
Lettuce, 'maters & onions
Or
Green olives, and pepper jack cheese

Your screen name is SirPorkalot, and no bacon on your burgers?!! Blasphemy!

Actually, when I can get it, my favorite sauce for fries is Arby's Horsey sauce.

Sounds good! To me, catsup is for covering up mediocre food. I can remember eating at one of my aunt's houses. Every meal, there was a large bottle of catsup on the table. I'd never seen catsup for breakfast before. Or used it then.

For Burgers, Cheese, Lettuce Tomato, Onion, Relish, and I have to say my all time favorite topping is Aussie Sauce given to me by AussieMatt.
Although the Australians call the product "BBQ Sauce" (Made by ETA Products), Matt had me refer to it as Aussie Sauce because Americans don't usually put bbq sauce on a burger.
He was right! It's not BBQ Sauce and is incredibly great on burgers, it is slightly similar in nature to the English "Brown Sauce". Always a hit with our guests, Thanks again for the recipe Matt.....

Hot dogs - I like to keep it simple, Onions and Spicy Mustard. I have on occasion provided Chili and Kraut.

As far as BBQ Sauce and Ketchup: I was never a fan of either, probably because of the cheap crap the corporate moguls force upon us.

It wasn't until I tried homemade ketchup that I liked it. I now use only Stonewall Kitchen Ketchup, nothing else unless it's homemade.

I also received some quality BBQ sauces in the trade forum that changed my mind that sauces can really compliment the natural flavors of the meat rather than cover it up. It's a matter of what you choose and how you use it that makes the difference.

Last edited:
Sounds good! To me, catsup is for covering up mediocre food. I can remember eating at one of my aunt's houses. Every meal, there was a large bottle of catsup on the table. I'd never seen catsup for breakfast before. Or used it then.

You just reminded me, I do like catsup on breakfast sausage too. :crazy:

Hot dogs - mustard and ketchup

Burgers - Lettuce, tomato, cheese, and either mustard and ketchup or mayo and ketchup.

Hotdog - ketchup(Iknow) or chilli
Burger - mustard, onion slice, tomatoe, lettuce, mayo
Brat - brown mustard, kraut, chopped onion

Hot dog- Carolina style- mustard, slaw, chili, sometimes onions
Burger- lettuce, mayo, yellow mustard, cheese, tomato, ketchup if home grown or sometimes "southern style" like listed for the hot dog above.

I've been doing my burgers Wisconsin buttery style lately... carmelized onions and a pat of butter.

Burgers---Lettuce and Mayo

Dogs---Mustard and occasional chili

Boring I know

Hot dogs- Yellow mustard, relish and diced onion.
Brats- Yellow mustard and caramelized onion
Burgers- Sharp cheddar prefer smoked, bacon, sliced tomatoes, sliced onion, smear of guacamole.

Fixed that for you.:p

Oh come on, you dont like barbecue chicken? Thats probably the only meat i dont mind a nice glaze of some sauce on. Ribs, the glaze has to be well balanced or it goes in the trash. I am more picky about sauce then i am about the grade of meat.

Back