What are your go-to topping for hot dogs and burgers?

Hot dog-mustard,thin sliced onion maybe some homemade chili.
Burger-cheddar cheese,thin sliced red onion and Dukes mayo.

Hot dogs- chicago style. But will also take it anyway as long as it doesnet have ketchup! Ketchup is a sin on a hotdog
Burgers- mustard, little bit of mayo, cheese,pickle, grilled onions and mushrooms, bacon

Hot dogs I do yellow mustard, and a minced onion/pickled jalapeño mix I make, and a slice of a garden tomato when in season

Burgers I do a slice of American cheese, mayo, raw onion, bread and butter pickle and a slice of a garden tomato....if I put ketchup on a burger you can assume it's a bad burger lol.

Hot dogs: Yellow mustard, raw white onions, sauerkraut, chili. But not necessarily all at once.

Burgers: American cheese, onion, jalapenos, mayo, lettuce.

Hot dogs- Mustard, chili, slaw, onions, Dukes mayo

Burgers- Chili, slaw, onions, Dukes mayo, Heinz57.

Just curious here. I see a few of you have specifically listed Dukes mayo that aren't in the Carolinas or surrounding states. Are you originally from this area or how did you find it?

Hot dogs- Mustard, chili, slaw, onions, Dukes mayo

Burgers- Chili, slaw, onions, Dukes mayo, Heinz57.

Just curious here. I see a few of you have specifically listed Dukes mayo that aren't in the Carolinas or surrounding states. Are you originally from this area or how did you find it?

Its in East Texas now. I think I saw it at my grocery store a few weeks back.

I make every attempt not to eat hot dogs... on brats mustard only.
I like cheap greasy chili with cheese and mustard & sautéed onions on burgers, just like
Sinopoli's Dog House, years ago, back home on the coast.

Burger-a slice of onion, or lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
Hot dog-catsup and diced onions, or the whole Cony Island trearment-chili, onions and mustard
Brats-sauerkraut

Firstly, ketchup on dogs is an abomination...really doesn't belong on burgers either. But to each their own, I suppose.

Dogs -- Stadium Mustard. If you've not been to the Cleveland area you may not have tried it but you're missing out. I actually prefer Stadium brand, but Bertmans is probably the original and is still pretty good. I'll do kraut or some diced onions as well, but really the stadium/ballpark mustard is all that's necessary.

Burgers -- Real cheese like cheddar (NOT American), Mustard, Mayo, pickles are my goto. I love carmelized onions and/or mushrooms as well if I'm feeling like it. Out at a restaurant an over easy/sunny up egg is the holy grail of burger toppings, but I never take the time to do so at home.

Brats -- Mustard (ball park preferred) and kraut is the best combo. Carmelized onions can also be a nice addition.

80% hamburger with yellow mustard and some time bacon topping

All beef hotdog with yellow mustard only

No lettuce..that's for rabbits and turtles

Firstly, Catsup is only for fries and onion rings, period!

Dogs-deli mustard and onions
Burgers-smoked cheddar, Hatch green chile, onion, mayo.

Brats - mustard and onions

Burgers - american cheese, grilled onions, thin slice of tomato, lettuce, and special sauce (3 parts mayo, 2 parts ketchup, relish. Add more stuff if you'd like)

Dogs and Brats - Mustard, onion, kraut - NEVER ketchup.
Burgers - Cheese - goes without saying. Ketchup, Mayo, sometimes LTO and a pickle.

Hot dogs- chili, cheese, onion and mustard. Or mustard, onion, chopped pickle(not relish).
Hamburger- Mustard, 2 slices kraft american, mayo, lettuce, red onion, tomato, pickles, and of course Bacon.
This isnt a standard but what I consider ideal.

The

Really the only necessity i have for dogs and burgers is Ketchup pouring over the top and out the sides. Even better when it runs down my chin. Bonus points for dripping on pants.

Really the only necessity i have for dogs and burgers is Ketchup pouring over the top and out the sides. Even better when it runs down my chin. Bonus points for dripping on pants.

Whoa! Usually i end up throwing away ketchup after it sits in the fridge for six mo.

Firstly, Catsup is only for fries and onion rings, period!
That's funny. I like tartar sauce on fries. I only put catsup on cheap hot dogs, don't use it on anything else.
Back to the subject, different hot dogs demand different treatments. A quality, all beef, dog really doesn't need much. It's only a cheap dog that needs it's flavor covered up.
Burgers made with quality meat can stand on their own. Every time I've talked someone to try fresh ground burgers plain, with a slice of onion, they have enjoyed them and asked for more.

Hot dogs:
Chili. Slaw. Onions.
Or
Ketchup, Mayo, mustard
Or
Chicago style
Or
Bacon wrapped

(I like hot dogs almost anyway you can make them)

Burgers:
Mushrooms, Swiss and mayo
Or
Lettuce, 'maters & onions
Or
Green olives, and pepper jack cheese

Back