Well, First Comp Completed???

HolySmoke77

Knows what a fatty is.
Sitting back after our first comp ever (Va BBQ Championship) this past weekend and racking my brain? Out of 43 Pro Teams

11th ribs
15th Brisket
22nd Pork
39th Chicken..thought it was our best entry

chicken scores 977 866 877 777 667 888 Rank 6
Had one heck of a time and met some great people and most of all we learned so much..bring lights and a few fans for one..lol

Taste of Grace BBq Team
MMS Vulcan 33

Congrats on surviving the first one and no DQs!

I can't remember how many times what I thought was our best entry ended up being the judges least favorite. It happens.

When's the next one?

Congrats on your first comp. It can be stressful around turn in times your fist go at it. Congrats on making all four turn ins on time. I remember my first time. I overcooked my ribs and said "Well that's it. I'm hosed." When I got the score sheet. Ribs was my finish with 16th out of 58 teams. I thought that chicken that pork and brisket were my best. Only to find out out I placed last in pork and 57th in brisket. But I had a great time and have been hooked ever since.

Hang in there. Keep your head up and keep on smokin

Grats on finishing your first comp! I wish I would of remembered your team name so I could of said hi, since i was there for my first comp. :p

Although it sounds like TheresaB pretty much adopted you! Did she gift you with the little 3 legged pig also?

Back