THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nucldo

Found some matches.
Wanted to take a minute and thank all here for helping make my first comp a huge success. I do not post often, but have been reading/studying for a few years and finally had the opportunity to compete. After sitting in the parking lot for about 3 hours waiting for the rain to stop enough to let us to the site at the Chesapeake Jubilee, I finally got started. I had NO CLUE how to set up the area. I had not researched it and did not have the room at home to practice, so it was a bit nerve racking. Once we got set up I felt at home and started prepping and cooking. A HUGE thank you to Theresa of Big Dog BBQ for her help and mentor-ship, I do not think I would have had as much fun or done as well as I did without her. I was very please with the results. We walked in pork at 7th, was .01 points away from walking in Brisket at 11th, 12th in ribs and we do not want to discuss chicken!! Resulted in a finish of 15th of 32 overall. Here are the boxes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 208
  • image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 208
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 208
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 208
Scott did an awesome job...I told him I thought he was trying to pull a fast one at that this wasn't his first rodeo! Was so wonderful to see him get a call at his first comp!

I would love to share the chicken story, the problem is that the appearance was to only thing good about it. Taste was way too spicy and the skin was like old shoe leather...but is sure did look pretty. It finished 26th of 33 with 2 8's and 4 9's for appearance. That should tell you how bad the taste and texture was!!

Congratulations! Keep up the desire and don't settle on past success as you are only as good as the results of the next competition!

That said, it appears you have what it takes to achieve a GC or RGC.

Back