THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When I lived in Las Vegas my gal and I frequented a local Outback Steakhouse 'bout 3-4 times per week. We always ate at the bar and there was this cowboy fella (rare to see in Vegas other than durin' the NFR) that ordered his steak, "Heated."

This meant he wanted it thrown on the grill for only a few seconds. This thing was RAW when it came out to him and couldn't possibly be heated all the way through. His plate would pool up with blood and he would eat every bite, sop up the blood with his bread and leave.

I asked the manager if he was afraid of getting in trouble with the Health Department for servin' the guy durned near still-live beef. He said, "Nope" and showed me a waiver the guy signed with every steak he had ever ordered in that fashion.

Whatever floats your boat. If you like it charred or trying to crawl away from your plate, as long as you enjoy it is the "RIGHT WAY"

Ken (a medium-rare steak guy)

jpw23 said:
Is it really a crime to want your steaks or whatever well done? My wife likes her steaks tanned on both sides, I like mine almost burned and from looking some of the pics posted here, it would seem that most prefer med. rare. Am I really ruining a good piece of meat?:confused: :biggrin:

No Crime we are just trying to help you out! It is a mater of taste. If you like expensive beef jerkey cook on. It took me many years to convense my mom and dad but once they got over the mintal problems (uoh its all red I can't eat that) they never went back. From a germ prospective we are killing ourselfs with over caution and not building the immunities we need and if you buy good meat it just don't matter (not a Dr but grew up in the south and know things don't spoil as quickly as some would like to belive. Charlie's 2 cents. But Crime nooooo :icon_smil

There is no ONE way. I like my steak (almost always ribeye) med-rare. Wifey refuses anything short of medium and prefers well done. I want a little taste of whatever seasoning is used and the rest to be the meat. My OPINION is that I get more of that flaver at med-rare. I also prfer the texture. 15 yrs. ago I preferred my steak well or med-well.

How about this.... My wife likes everything well well done, can't stand any pink at all..... but she loves to eat raw chop meat?????? go figure

Chocolate and Vanilla

jrick33 said:
How about this.... My wife likes everything well well done, can't stand any pink at all..... but she loves to eat raw chop meat?????? go figure

You should fix her Steak Tar Tar. Great stuff. Only you must grind your own beef to avoid the scoots.

I mostly like my steak medium because most family steak houses dont really get the best cuts; so, medium usually satisfies my requirements for flavor and done-ness. That being said, I really prefer well done, and there is only one place I would even attempt to order a well steak from - Ricks Boatyard Cafe in Indianapolis. If you guys are ever in town, do yourself a huge favor and order that 20 oz. T-Bone (Well Done). It is the most tasty, juicy, flavorful well done steak you will ever get!:eusa_clap When you order the steak well, they will give you the standard disclaimer about the charring on the outside; but, what they dont tell you is that it is still as juicy and tender as a medium-rare. Ok, Now I am going to cook steaks for dinner tomorrow! :lol:

Thanks guys! Now I can the the OL to back off!....Just kidding, I have to go to sleep sometime.......don't want to piss her off!!!!

Wayne,

She loves the raw stuff , but you should here her complain when her steak or burgers are pink inside...... enough to drive a man to drink......

Wait a minute, that's a good thing.....

Back