Welcome the Work Sharp - Ken Onion version

Does anyone own the Elite Work Sharp? Description says it is based on the Ken Onion base but it uses 1 inch belts.
WHAT'S INCLUDED:

• Ken Onion Edition Power Platform
  • Blade Grinding Attachment
  • P120 Extra-Coarse Belt, 1" x 18"
  • X65 Coarse Belt, 1" x 18"
  • X22 Medium Belt, 1" x 18"
  • X4 Fine Belt, 1" x 18"
  • 12,000 Extra Fine Belt, 1" x 18"
  • Ultra Fine Stropping Kit Belt, 1" x 18"

https://www.worksharptools.com/elite-knife-sharpener.html

Looking on amazon and don't see it listed and no one inch belts.

If you are a KCBS member you can get a 30% discount buying direct from Work Sharp.

Robert

If anyone is looking to buy one and is a KCBS member, don't forget to use your discount code. You can find it by logging into the KCBS website and going to member benefits. I won't paste it here, but it's a significant discount!

To kick-off Work Sharp's partnership with KCBS, Work Sharp is offering KCBS members a 30% off promotion on all Work Sharp products at www.worksharptools.com.

Does anyone own the Elite Work Sharp? Description says it is based on the Ken Onion base but it uses 1 inch belts.

Robert

Although I didn't buy that specific item, I got the KO sharpener AND the additional blade grinding attachment with the 1"x18" belt system. It allows you to sharpen the full length of the knife blade from the bolster to the tip. There's no guide to interfere, preventing a full length swipe like the plain KO sharpener. And it won't round off the tip of the knife like the plain KO will if you're not careful

My Onion arrived today. Did all my kitchen knives (already "sharpened") on the fine belt and they now are "furly" dangerous. Did a few other dull ones by the process advised and all worked just as advertised. I think I finally found the system I will stay with.

KO Worksharp is a great piece of equipment. I tried honing steels but could never get them to work properly, and often would throw away 6 month old knives because they were dull and useless to me. After being able to sharpen them with the Worksharp I started watching a ton of YouTube videos about sharpening / honing, and ended up buying one of these things to help with honing.

Now I use my Worksharp about once every 6 months, and just use the honing tool to keep the blade aligned properly. These 2 tools combined have made my life much easier and safer...trimming meat with a dull blade is a difficult chore and also dangerous from slipping.

Back