THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usually when someone asks me, or I otherwise make a remark, about my food I say it ok. But the prime rib was farking awesome as well as the reheated pulled pork. I put a stick of butter in with the pork to make extra moiste for reheating.

image.jpg

Out of 60# of prime rib and 40# of pulled pork, we had two rib roast left over and no pork. We thought it was going to be the other way around. The pork was good. I snuck a bite of beef while carving and even though I didn't get to crank the heat up to get a crust, I thought it was the best I've done. Then when I took a bit of my pulled pork sandwich I thought that topped the beef.

Last edited:
Usually when someone asks me, or I otherwise make a remark, about my food I say it ok. But the prime rib was farking awesome as well as the reheated pulled pork. I put a stick of butter in with the pork to make extra moiste for reheating.

View attachment 98164

I screwed two cutting boards together to make a vertical carving station. But even with my knife being scary sharp the jelly soft meat was hard to carve and we had to carve it horizontally and it was still a chore. Is an electric knife the only way to go to make the job easy?

image.jpg
This was the only roast not to get carved. I failed to get pictures of the pulled pork, I pulled it in the dark by the headlights of a golf cart. I have to say I was a little nervous about the prime rib. Not that I couldn't cook one, but could I cook ten? Out of 10, only two got up to medium, all the rest where perfect medium rare. I wanted to hit them with high heat in the end but that didn't happen when the fist on was done one hour ahead of my schedule and the rest came up to temp at different times. If I do this again I would have the grill hot and crisp them up that way.

Awesome cook! That prime rib looks great. Must have been some hellacious pulled pork if it was better than that PR.

Awesome cook! That prime rib looks great. Must have been some hellacious pulled pork if it was better than that PR.

The pork was pretty good. I had a few bites of PR while carving it but when I fixed myself a plate and bit into my pork sandwich, I thought to myself this is better than the PR. I am pretty self critical when it comes to my cooking, but I have to say it was the best pork sandwich I have ever had and the best prime rib I have ever had. I can still do better

Back