Pizza Pron (Pic Heavy)

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Too chilly at the cabin to make anything outside so pizza in the oven was the call

ScbgahIh.jpg

Bought this 00 flour from a local Italian deli

Gy9enEUh.jpg

The dough after overnight fermentation

la5MxA5h.jpg

First pie was half pesto and half tomato sauce

JC0eesJh.jpg

Heirloom tomatoes, bell peppers, prosciutto on the pesto side. Pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers and olives on the sauce side

fIIhtN5h.jpg

Probably some of the best oven pies I've made :shocked:

HSwH3dLh.jpg

1zwqIjrh.jpg

Pretty good air bubbles in the dough for being baked in the oven

kECWDd3h.jpg

And great crust

EnL4p0jh.jpg

Second pie was sheesheeto peppers (had to alter the spelling because the site flags it :mrgreen:), bacon and shrimp pie. Sauteed the peppers and shrimp

kuBJINhh.jpg

"Blanched" it by taking it off the stove and put it on snow to stop the cooking since it was going to cook more once topped on the pizza

CrT91rwh.jpg

Couldn't make up my mind so I mixed pesto and sauce together :biggrin1:

3VWG1Nsh.jpg

Shrimp, bacon, peppers, fresh ground black pepper on EVOO

RuE7K0Oh.jpg

Into the oven

pjLoYuQh.jpg

Out of the oven. Fresh basil garnish

FrGtuLZh.jpg

AogP1wIh.jpg

My favorite by a long shot

Rw3TGnjh.jpg

Last but not least the leftover pizza. Put whatever toppings that were left

5hu3n9Ah.jpg

Pepperoni, olives, bell peppers and pickled jalapenos

FfCelAth.jpg

Pretty dang good for leftover ingredient pizza

qDHA6S3h.jpg

Gotta say I was not disappointed and some of my best oven made pies. Thanks for looking!

Nice crumb. You can tell a good pizza by the crumb. Anyone can make a pizza look amazing on top. The crumb is what sets them apart.

Dude… talk about some excellent work! I’d mow them all down and be looking for more. :hungry:

Fantastic oven pies, Sako, and the crust looks amazing! Just curious, what's the highest temp your oven goes to? Seems like most of the new ovens only go up to 500, yet an extra 50 degrees can make quite a difference.

Dayum fine pies neighbor! I know the too cold feeling out here. -12° on the weekend.

We care looking forward to a high in the low 20's this week but still negative at night.

Fantastic oven pies, Sako, and the crust looks amazing! Just curious, what's the highest temp your oven goes to? Seems like most of the new ovens only go up to 500, yet an extra 50 degrees can make quite a difference.

Thanks Richard!

This one at the cabin goes to 600* and the one at the house is 550*. Both GE's. FWIW, I baked at 505*. Depending on the flour I've cooked from mid 400's to high 500's but with this 00 flour 505* exactly nailed them.

Dayum fine pies neighbor! I know the too cold feeling out here. -12° on the weekend.

We care looking forward to a high in the low 20's this week but still negative at night.

Thanks neighbor! -12* :shocked: We were in low to mid 20's and leveled off in the 30's during the week. That's kill yourself cold for most Californians :heh:

I feel motivated to make some pizza now. Sako, as always, food looks amazing!

Back