****We LOVE Our Lurkers!!! - Please Click Here!****

Pay attention folks - great stuff right here! Didja hear that?? Wamp now has friends, heck before joining here, he couldn't even get the dog to play with him! :becky:

I'll tell you this, you lurkers you.....

These are some of the things that I now have that I didn't have before finding this place and subscribing:

• I can now BBQ, and do it WELL!!!!
  • I am competing this summer with a really good friend that I MET HERE who I'd have never known had it not been for this place
  • I have 3 smokers and 3 grills and parts for a big smoker (ok.....not that this place GAVE those to me....my wife would like that :roll:)
  • I can actually offer sound BBQ advice now....and I LOVE being able to do that!
  • I have some real solid friends here. Many I've met, many more I've gotten to know through PM and posting (something you can't do as a lurker) and MANY more that I'll meet down the road
I could probably go on, but you get it. This is SOOOOOO much more than a stinkin BBQ website. It IS certainly that (and the best one out there, IMHO), but it means a lot more than that to me!

I'm a whack-a-doodle and I, too, approve this message!:thumb:

In addition to the whack-a-doodles (there, got the spelling right that time :clap2:), I failed to mention the more wholesome participants of this dear forum, that's because I was unable to think of any. :laugh:
Well, Chambers did come to mind, but I think he'd resent being singled out and degraded like that... :heh:

Seriously though, I've been amazed at what I've seen this place do for folks.
I've seen anonymous collections taken to help brethren pay their utility and grocery bills, I've seen medical bills chipped away at, I've seen (and experienced myself) the willingness to lend a hand to a fellow brethren when visiting another city or even country for that matter!

And I've seen bothers exhaust themselves year after year cooking for fundraisers and charity events.
Heck just a few weeks ago we had brethren buying subscriptions and then awarding them to new members, that spread like wildfire when others joined in to match those contributions! I don't think I saw the final count of gifted subscriptions, but I know that it was a substantial investment for those involved.

On top of that, we have the largest collection of incredibly brilliant BBQ cooks around that are always willing to help out a new member with that first butt or briskey.

And finally, where else can a Left-Wing Extremest Liberal Tree-Huggin Commie Pinko like Caseydog be accepted and loved, and not even get made fun of for listening to NPR???
Here. That's where. :becky: :pound:

This message paid for by friends of whack-a-doodles.

This is a very Unique Place with a very Unique, but Strange, Group of People. It is one of the few places I know where you can both have fun and learn/get an education at the same time. Almost all are willing to share their knowledge so that others can enjoy what they Q/Cook/Grill. It is pennies a day to contribute to this place. For myself I have never regretted any part of my investment here.
Wampus I am glad that you have made a Friend

I am also A wack -a-doodle wanna be, I enjoy the fellowship of this site. It's like I know you fellow brethern throught this common thread BBQ.

I recieved a great amount of help from the fellow Brethern in Socal this thanksgiving when My wife and I went to Cali. I built my first USD and cooked thanksgiving dinner for my son and 10 of his Marine buddies. All of the information about where to buy food and spices, and the parts for a UDS came directly from the Socal bretheren and I appreciated the help...!

This is truely a great website....

Pay attention folks - great stuff right here! Didja hear that?? Wamp now has friends, heck before joining here, he couldn't even get the dog to play with him! :becky:

You FARKER! I had friends before! Well.....make that friend! Well, if your brother counts as a friend......

.....FARK!:doh:

Oh, that reminds me......where else can you use a real cool word like FARK and still NOT get your mouth washed out?!:thumb:

BUMP.jpg

Getting hungry

I was snowed in today, reading BBQ cookbooks and dreaming about last summer when I hit the internet and came across this site. I signed up right away, It was a bit sad when I checked the mail and looked at my smoker covered in snow. The countdown to BBQ weather starts now and with the help of the BBQ Brethern I'm sure next summers Q will be the best ever!

I joined. I didn't buy a subscription...yet. Soon though, I'm sure. I lurked here for several months after finding this site while doing research for building a smoker. My wife bought me one, so now I'm doing other research to make it work 110%.

So far (a few hours really) I'm diggin it. It reminds me of a few other forums I use a lot for offroad and kilt related stuff (hence the screen name). I won't join a forum if it doesn't feel right and I don't plan to stick around. This one seems pretty tight. Some others I've looked at are like a free-for-all brawl! I don't want to be in an arena for flame wars. This place looks good though!

I don't do competition BBQ, but will give my new smoker a heck of a run. I'm also planning to build a smokehouse by this fall. Bacon and ham make everything better, so why not? I've gotten a lot of good info from here so far, and I joined so I can get more. Plus it's good to "talk shop" with folks who are as passionate about something as I am. I'm not the only dude in town with a smoker, but I doubt any of them will use theirs as much as I will. (I can be pretty sure of that...it's a tiny little town) It's really nice to get tips from backyard smokers and competitors at the same time. You can't beat getting the whole range of experience and approaches in one stop.

Thanks for having me here! Back to my research...my smoker and technique aren't 110% yet.

I joined. I didn't buy a subscription...yet. Soon though, I'm sure. I lurked here for several months after finding this site while doing research for building a smoker. My wife bought me one, so now I'm doing other research to make it work 110%.

So far (a few hours really) I'm diggin it. It reminds me of a few other forums I use a lot for offroad and kilt related stuff (hence the screen name). I won't join a forum if it doesn't feel right and I don't plan to stick around. This one seems pretty tight. Some others I've looked at are like a free-for-all brawl! I don't want to be in an arena for flame wars. This place looks good though!

I don't do competition BBQ, but will give my new smoker a heck of a run. I'm also planning to build a smokehouse by this fall. Bacon and ham make everything better, so why not? I've gotten a lot of good info from here so far, and I joined so I can get more. Plus it's good to "talk shop" with folks who are as passionate about something as I am. I'm not the only dude in town with a smoker, but I doubt any of them will use theirs as much as I will. (I can be pretty sure of that...it's a tiny little town) It's really nice to get tips from backyard smokers and competitors at the same time. You can't beat getting the whole range of experience and approaches in one stop.

Thanks for having me here! Back to my research...my smoker and technique aren't 110% yet.

Welcome aboard!
The Mods run a tight ship here, (or so I've been told :heh: )

Hang out as long and much as you want.
Some donate with money, some with time, some with advice, some with pron, some with wit. Some do all of the above.

I was snowed in today, reading BBQ cookbooks and dreaming about last summer when I hit the internet and came across this site. I signed up right away, It was a bit sad when I checked the mail and looked at my smoker covered in snow. The countdown to BBQ weather starts now and with the help of the BBQ Brethern I'm sure next summers Q will be the best ever!

You need to get out the leaf blower and get the snow off the cooker. There is no "BBQ Season" on this forum. I just cooked a steak and a chicken last week. You might use a little more fuel and it will help with the cabin fever. You also get the enjoyment of having the neighbors looking at you funny while you tending your cooker. If cooking doesn't help with the cabin fever there is always caulk. (If you are a lurker, you will have to join to see the link.:-D)

Hey bigabyte, that is a poke.

Back