• BarberQue

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • NeoTrout

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • thirdeye

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AFter review, I ended up going with Dr KY, but it was real close with 4-5 others.

Thirdeye, we need more details on the brilliant stand you made!!

AFter review, I ended up going with Dr KY, but it was real close with 4-5 others.

Thirdeye, we need more details on the brilliant stand you made!!

The details and a picture of my bracket are in the original Kabob Throwdown thread.

I went with Pork Smoker, not just because I liked the layout, the contrasting colors, good focus, and the perfect doneness of the corn...but any body that can do that kind of cooking without ruining those cherry tomatoes has got something on me.

What is the secret??

Dang, I am honored. Thanks Thirdeye!

All I can say about the Tomatoes is I set up for Indirect on the Weber and had the Skewers with the Tomatoes set at the farthest from the fire. You can see that some of the corn was a little to close to the heat. Made sure to turn and rotate best I could.

Since it would be unethical to vote for myself I'll go with Ricks #2. The photo with the tiki torches on the entry post was great. Presentation is everything.

Wow. The photography is getting better and better so I am guessing that evryone is now using the same type of camera as RTD. This stuff is outrageous looking.

WOW!! Don't know if I can pick just one again. The talent on this site is amazing! :cool::wink:

Wow. The photography is getting better and better so I am guessing that evryone is now using the same type of camera as RTD. This stuff is outrageous looking.
I'm using a point and shoot that's about seven years old.

Last edited:
Porky, a cheap LUMIX 6.0 hold it and shoot camera is all I have. Ricks Tropical talkin bout painting with light, now thats photography AND good food. Mine is good food and hoping the picture comes out good. I must say, all you guys are making me a better cook and a better photographer. Kind of like Kobe playing with Michael Jordon, everyone steps up their game.

you don't need a $1000 camera to get great shots. the most important thing is the food actually has to look good to begin with.
a great photo of bad food is still bad food! :biggrin:

Thanks for the votes of incouragement guy's, there is some really good lookin food every week in these throwdowns.I agree with RTD you don't need a $1000. Camera, but I'm having problems with my Power Shot A400, I guess it's time for newer one.

Two votes behind, can I catch a second wind and pull ahead? Vote vote vote. :cool:

you don't need a $1000 camera to get great shots. the most important thing is the food actually has to look good to begin with.
a great photo of bad food is still bad food! :biggrin:

I have to disagree with your statement. RCS took a picture of a McDonalds $1 chicken sandwich and everyone thought it looked great. What we should do is look at the past winners and ask them what kind of camera was used. I know the week I won we used my BIL $500 Cannon G10. I can't come anywhere close to the quality with my $150 Cannon Point and Shoot.

All I'm saying is that the camera plays a larger part than you think.

I won using a cheap Kodak Easyshare Z700 so it wasn't the camera.....it was more like beginners luck! Then again Maria Sharapova does the commercials for them if that means anything.

Back