THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Time for Veggies to Shine" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seem to have managed to win my first TD in almost exactly two years with a farking salad...

"Big Farking Salad".

What a great idea for the next TD!

Of course you realize, that the law of averages dictates you will not win the next one...

:mrgreen:

"Big Farking Salad".

What a great idea for the next TD!

Of course you realize, that the law of averages dictates you will not win the next one...

:mrgreen:

I like that. Let me think on it.:becky:

I still can't believe it. Been scratching my head thinking WTF all week.

On edit, last time I entered a chicken salad I got a zero. :wink:

I like that. Let me think on it.:becky:

I still can't believe it. Been scratching my head thinking WTF all week.

On edit, last time I entered a chicken salad I got a zero. :wink:
I see a trend here also. I won the Hawaii TD with a Poke salad too! Are we doomed to be the WWW. Salad Brethren????? :oops:

On edit; Just checked the website is available Http//www.saladbrethren.com

There's been a big ol' whoopsie here...

In the OP of the entry thread, Toast was quoted:

"Greetings! Since Spring has sprung, how about a "Time For Veggies To Shine" TD?

Any and all veggies on the grill. Meat optional."

Soooooooo, looks like I finally get my first dilly bar! Compliments of Moose.:becky:

Congrats CD! I iknew I was feeling guilty for a reason.:rolleyes::becky::clap2:

Soooooooo, looks like I finally get my first dilly bar! Compliments of Moose.:becky:

Oh boy what a clusterfark. :tsk:

The voters have spoken...errr I mean railroaded...

Congrats on the win*, you and Redhot are the new power couple. Move over BradGelina and make room for RedGuerre. :becky:

Last edited:
Oh boy what a clusterfark. :tsk:

The voters have spoken...errr I mean railroaded...

Congrats on the win*, you and Redhot are the new power couple. Move over BradGelina and make room for RedGuerre. :becky:

For the record, I had no part in this DQ. I didn't know anything about it until after the fact -- fark, I voted for the DQ'd entry. I even let him pick the next TD theme. It's like this DQ never really happened.

CD

For the record, I had no part in this DQ. I didn't know anything about it until after the fact -- fark, I voted for the DQ'd entry. I even let him pick the next TD theme. It's like this DQ never really happened.

CD

Where's SmokinAussie and his Bulls. :heh:

I don't understand how an entry can be DQ'd after the vote, why even bother voting, do we redistribute the votes, who gets to decide on the hanging chads. :noidea:

Are we going back to where special rules trump the TD rules and what happened to "let the voters decide"? :tsk:

5. Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots).

I have to agree with Paul -- if an entry is going to be DQ'd it is best if that occurs before the vote. The votes could have had a very different distribution minus that entry, so many of us have a different 'top two or three' to pare down to one.

Back