THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Time for Veggies to Shine" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I finally voted. I wanted to vote for Deguerre. After all he touched up my picture for me(I finally found his ulterior motive), but the chicken had a little to much prominence for a veggie shining throw down. So then my mind went to HT, but again it was the fish not the veggies that were my allure.

So I looked at Caseydog's veggie kabobs, drove to the store bought cherry tomatoes, roasted them to the point they are about to burst, and then proceeded to eat 12 of them in about 14.3 seconds. After all that happened he received my vote

Some awesome entries this week everyone, but one of my favorite things in the world is a cherry(or grape) tomato roasted to that point that the juice is just waiting to burst out into a flavor explosion in your mouth and Caseydog cooked those things to perfection from the look of the picture

Quite frankly, I am surprised the salad is garnering more than just a couple votes. The entries from Ron_L, CD and you are much more worthy of a vote IMO (The three of you were my finalists but Ronelle's just spoke to me loudest).

Hmmmm, I did fix it after building my poll, I wonder why you could see it. The software must post the thread, and add the poll in a second step.

CD

Yes, it does. I'm not sure why it was designed that way, but once you hit Submit Thread the thread is posted. So, while you are adding the poll information the thread is viewable. Seems like a strange design to me.

Since I mentioned in the entry thread that I was surprised at how few entries (only mine at the time :rolleyes:) were vegetarian in a veggie throwdown, I voted for an entry that was all veggies and went with CD's kabobs. I felt that they followed the theme of the throwdown very well, the shot was nicely composed, and they made me want to lick my screen (NOT recommended).

Quite frankly, I am surprised the salad is garnering more than just a couple votes. The entries from Ron_L, CD and you are much more worthy of a vote IMO (The three of you were my finalists but Ronelle's just spoke to me loudest).

I had a lot of trouble settling on an entry to vote for.

I loved the veggie omelet that DerHusker made, but thought the bacon and bacon-wrapped japs stole attention away from the main item. Yes, I voted against bacon. :shock:

I also love me some margherita pizza, and if the execution would have gone as planned, i would have easily voted for BBQinMI. It was just too wet for me. I've had the same think happen with pizzas. My pizza success rate stands at about 50-percent.

I liked that Ronnelle used all veggies, but I was having trouble tasting the combination in my head.

In the end, I was hesitant to vote for a salad, but the overall dish seemed to be what I most wanted to eat when it was time to vote.

CD

Last edited:
Glad I didn't cube an avocado then. :mrgreen: It was a very good salad though, which Michele and I try to have often, many times without any meat at all, just cheese as the only animal ingredient. And now that local produce is available at the markets...

One more funny thing. I voted for Ron_L, then you voted for me, and Ron_L made it a full circle by voting for you.:becky:

i threw a dart. :laugh:

naaaww, i had the same feelings as others. i don't eat veggies(gasp!), but i voted for CD. i think the execution from concept to product to photo exemplified the TD.

AND he seemed to enjoy the meal the most. :becky:

Wow!!! Another tough vote I don't think Ronelle had the best vote pic but his cook thread totally blew me away, I'll take half a dozen please. :hungry:

Oh no!!!! I hope I didn't just contribute to another three way.

Back