Virtually LIVE Pig Roast

Kevin said:
Tha'ts because you didn't make them dress up this time!

If the baby new years diaper and 2007 sashes don't count, then yes...

BTW, here's some leftover tacos. Might as welll see this thread to the end. Unfortunately I tossed the carcass so no pork stock will be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pig Headed said:
When are you smokin' the squirrels?

As soon as I catch one more. Says I need four.

~ 4 squirrels, quartered
~ 3 tbsp salt
~ 2 tsp pepper
~ 1 tsp garlic powder
~ 1 tsp onion powder
~ your favorite dry rub
~ 15 charcoal briquets
~ 3 handfuls hickory chips
~ your favorite bbq sauce

In a large pot, boil the squirrel in water seasoned with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder for 1 hour or until tender.

In the meantime, soak the hickory chips in water. Light the charcoal and let them get white hot. Place them to one side of your grill.

Remove the squirrel from the water and pat dry. Coat with your favorite dry rub.

Add one handful of wood chips to the hot coals.

Place squirrel on grill across from the hot coals. Cover and smoke for 1 hour. Add a handful of wood chips every half hour.

Add last of the wood chips and baste squirrel with bbq sauce. Smoke for another half hour basting another 3 - 4 times.

Serve with mashed potatoes, sweet corn and buttermilk bisquits.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the Play by Play, I kept checking it out into the early hours and kept thinking that squirrels got to be mighty nervous. Happy New Year!

Nice job, Clint! Sorry we couldn't make it by, but was thinking of you on the big night. I'm glad the rain held off for a while.

Can you send me a message w/ info about the butcher in Williamsburg? I used to live over there and am still only a few minutes drive. Thanks!

big brother smoke said:
Damn, Clint you you took it to the next level!

Yep, going to be hard to top myself. Unless we did a virtual bash, with people posting from various locations. That could be a lot of fun, with food pix, bash bytes, drink count, etc.

SmokeInDaEye said:
Yep, going to be hard to top myself. Unless we did a virtual bash, with people posting from various locations. That could be a lot of fun, with food pix, bash bytes, drink count, etc.

Sounds virtually sinful!

OK. It's been nearly a week since the virtual pig roast. In my estimation it was a success. 880+ views in 6 days seems like a record of some sorts (poobah can confirm or deny).

What do ya'll think? I'd like to do a few select "interactive" events for the brethren during 2007 and want to make sure it is worth the effort. That one was a lot of work when it was happening but it's a ton of fun to look back at.

Well I sure enjoyed and would look forward to seeing something like this again. You New Yorkers sure know how to party from the looks of things.

Ey, I think 440 of the views have been by me. It's like if I have to pee in the middle of the nite, I stop and look at the pics again, wishing I was there....

what a feast will have to look into one of those looks like a good way to cook a whole pig merry christmas and thanks for sharing

That is truly unbelievable, I feel like I'm there, let me go get a shot of tequila and I'll be back! Great post and great idea

Back