Viejas Oct. 19-20: Big Contest in SoCal!!!(WITH RESULTS)

Well here is the Rub-A-Dub collection. Man this was a great event. I even got to judge!!!! Got a lot of info out of it. It was nice to put some faces with name for a change. The party at Mista's team tent was to say the lest awsome!!!. Cabo Wabo Baby!!!!!!! Thanks to Four Q BBQ Team for letting me hang out. Hope to see you guys in Indo soon.
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/Rub-a-Dub_photos/

My wife loved your pork. She said I need to get the recipe from ya so I can make it at home. And if the professor can give up that chicken wing recipe, I'll be getting my pit up sooner. Thanks to all for the good times.

Wish you could have made the party Thom. We had a ball! My wife almost left me for Jay's chicken and I got a few proposals after folx ate the Gumbo.

Just heard on a Event Advisory meeting at work that 7 new fires have sprouted today, including Alpine and Lakeside. National Guard has been dispatched to San Diego. I certainly hope they are able to save that beautiful little community that was so gracious to host us!

The question is will you cook or will you just drink? :lol:

I am pit bitchin and drinkin :shock::biggrin::tongue::tongue:

Seriously, I also hope this fire chit dies quickly. I am also worried about Brian!

Edit: I just might enter my own team: The West Coast BBQ Illuminati:biggrin:

If so, I will only bring a pint of tekilya!:tongue:

Brian is OK

FYI, got a text message from Brian yesterday. He is OK now, but communication is only available by text message.
Hopefully these winds will die down really soon. Part of my town has been evacuated, hopefully the fire will lay down as it approaches.
If I get any more info from Brian, I will keep you posted.
Bill

Hope all of our Socal brethern and sisteren stay safe during this trying time.

I had a great time. it was nice to meet everyone I ran in to I didn't have a chance to post any of my pics from the wknd yet so here goes. I found this one of an imposter hiding behind a pork rind mask...t must have been alcohol related :lol:
DSCN1308-1.jpg

Here are the rest.
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z216/hb-bbq/Viejas 10-19-2007/

Back