Viejas Oct. 19-20: Big Contest in SoCal!!!(WITH RESULTS)

I paid $220 cause I'm a CBBQA member. I'm sure there will be over 30 teams there. Probably won't be any out of state teams because it's the week before the Jack.

Damnit the g/f just informed me that she bought tickets to Knotts scary farm for the 20th. She is taking her friends kids and her cousin to Knotts so no Viejas for me but at least the kids get to have fun.

I would like to compete, but I can't get the team geared up for it. I might make the trip on my own and pay everyone a visit. The in-laws live in Encinitas, so I have a place to stay. Good luck to everyone!

They can't get geared up for $20k in prize money? Wassup wit dat?

They don't want to make that trip. They are just supporters. I'm the cook. I'm trying to get them to go to the SWIBB in AZ.

By the way, you didn't make it to Clovis. Maybe not as much money, but not as far as a drive for you, than Viejas is for me.

There will be three of us sharing the task, but Country will be our official pit biatch :twisted: :eek: :twisted:
just joking C.........

I heard there was some sort of whacked-out crap talk like this going on, but I didn't believe it! Hmmm...keep it up and I'll tell your wife about all the bad stuff you did at the comp!! She won't mind if we have strippers in our camp, will she? :evil::biggrin:

I heard there was some sort of whacked-out crap talk like this going on, but I didn't believe it! Hmmm...keep it up and I'll tell your wife about all the bad stuff you did at the comp!! She won't mind if we have strippers in our camp, will she? :evil::biggrin:
Ok, but remember what happens at Viejas stays at Viejas...Now if we have strippers coming you gotta snap a few pics of me with them so I can make her jealous:lol:

So do you know any? :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

your in laws have great taste in places to live.

I would like to compete, but I can't get the team geared up for it. I might make the trip on my own and pay everyone a visit. The in-laws live in Encinitas, so I have a place to stay. Good luck to everyone!

Counting them down!!!!! 7 days untill Que time!!!!! WOOT!!

Are the teams competing going to get there Friday or Saturday? Well see you guys there. Will be looking for the breathern so I can introduce myself.

For anyone attending this for the first time, I guarantee you'll have a blast. Viejas was our first out of state trip and Thom and the CBBQA guys/gals are top notch.

Talked my wife into the camp ground right down the street so we'd save some cash. Don't think that will ever happen again.

Wish we could have made it this year but I'll be suffering on the beach in Maui.

Good luck Thom, stop by for a cold one at Rawhide.

Back