THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason Dixon Bowhunta

is one Smokin' Farker
Tried something different today and made some Greek Gyros. Decided not to use lamb and used some venison instead.

Dug some steaks out of the freezer from doe I shot last fall. Marinated them for 24 hours in a mixture of greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and cumin

picture.php

Wiped off the excess marinade and rubbed the steaks with EVOO, salt and pepper and grilled them over some lump charcoal

picture.php

Cooked perfect medium rare, sliced and ready to go

picture.php

Tossed some flatbread on the grill and then piled them high with the venison, feta, red onion, cucumber, mint, tomato and tzatziki sauce

picture.php

It was freaking awesome! The marinade made the venison steaks super tender and flavorful.

Thanks for looking!

Looks great!

I've got a loin frozen from a young doe I got this fall, is that the same cut as you are using?

I cook and eat a lot of game meat because I’m big into bow hunting. I have elk, antelope, bear and mule deer on my freezer. I think I’m better than most at cooking game meat but yours looks better than anything I have put on the table. Is that white tail?

I cook and eat a lot of game meat because I’m big into bow hunting. I have elk, antelope, bear and mule deer on my freezer. I think I’m better than most at cooking game meat but yours looks better than anything I have put on the table. Is that white tail?

Thanks I appreciate that. This is from a whitetail taken on a little suburban property just outside of Baltimore

Awesome. I’m 38 and I’ve been hunting since I was 10. I have hunted a few different western states. I’m embarrassed to say I have never even seen a white tail in real life. I need to get after it. The meat looks delicious.

Back