THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made this post a few days ago because something they said jogged my memory.

When I first sold BBQ it was Ribs only. At fairs and festivals or at busy areas where people would grab something and go. I did it in an old hotdog cart. I mean old.

Anyway, you got me to thinking.

I sometimes I think I made more profit... but I had not discovered the smoked-deep fried rib yet. Anyway.
$%28KGrHqJ,%21iYE7S%28u0t5SBPGft2oIpw%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Foil Lined food bag - like chick fil a comes in.;

last time i did this was maybe 2005. I used those foil lined envelopes. In each one was.... 2 spares ribs for 3 bucks. Later I also made chicken legs... I think 2 for 2 bbq legs. Simple. And what I remembered was once it was all packed... they each stayed warm and since they were all packed together they just continued to steam in those packs...

Simple as pie. I must have saved a fortune on gloves... LOL as once they were packed, you could just collect the money and pass the envelope... OH YEAH!!!!!!! I did corn too... chopped, stuck with skwer, each envelope had some rub, a pat of butter flavocal and pepper. (and a little scoop of that fake popcorn lard.) We would pull them from the water at just before done (they already had the stick in them) pop them in a bag, let them sit a few minutes for the stuff to melt and shake them up and pack them.

God that was simple. I had to go ruin it all and make sides and brisket and butts. LOL

i eventually served pork sandwiches ... in wax paper though, using self serve squirt bottles for sauces....

i never sold bbq plates unless my vending area was obviously next to a dinning area the customer could see easily.

I made this post a few days ago because something they said jogged my memory.

When I first sold BBQ it was Ribs only. At fairs and festivals or at busy areas where people would grab something and go. I did it in an old hotdog cart. I mean old.

Anyway, you got me to thinking.

I sometimes I think I made more profit... but I had not discovered the smoked-deep fried rib yet. Anyway.
$%28KGrHqJ,%21iYE7S%28u0t5SBPGft2oIpw%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Foil Lined food bag - like chick fil a comes in.;

last time i did this was maybe 2005. I used those foil lined envelopes. In each one was.... 2 spares ribs for 3 bucks. Later I also made chicken legs... I think 2 for 2 bbq legs. Simple. And what I remembered was once it was all packed... they each stayed warm and since they were all packed together they just continued to steam in those packs...

Simple as pie. I must have saved a fortune on gloves... LOL as once they were packed, you could just collect the money and pass the envelope... OH YEAH!!!!!!! I did corn too... chopped, stuck with skwer, each envelope had some rub, a pat of butter flavocal and pepper. (and a little scoop of that fake popcorn lard.) We would pull them from the water at just before done (they already had the stick in them) pop them in a bag, let them sit a few minutes for the stuff to melt and shake them up and pack them.

God that was simple. I had to go ruin it all and make sides and brisket and butts. LOL

i eventually served pork sandwiches ... in wax paper though, using self serve squirt bottles for sauces....

i never sold bbq plates unless my vending area was obviously next to a dinning area the customer could see easily.

Thanks!!! We are still far enough away to maybe try some of those foil lined bags!!

I buy the sandwich wraper 12x12 and wrap pulled sandwichs. 4oz pot salad allready made in a cooler, same with beans. soda, water. Chips. If they say 5000 I might make for 1500 call it a day. I always want to sale out then have to pack it all back into the house and eat it for dinner for 3 days. man that sucks.

Thought about that too! I have a niece that works at a bar - thinking about asking her if I have any left over would they buy some from me. Have another niece that runs a vegie stand all year long - thinking about asking her the same thing.

Your pit with a small hickory fire smell great and peole will be drawn to it. If a fire is not allowed they will get a wiff of the pit as they pass by. My yard man sits by my oit half the time he is here to mow

That was one of my first questions - can I cook at the event - bbq smoke will hopefully draw them in - and even if not really cooking just the aroma should help.

Back