Ultimate Cajun Fatty with Gumbo Gravy (w/ pr0n)

Good question...it is my oldest cooker and I just haven't found a suitable name yet. One day :wink:

The_Man_with_No_Name.jpg

The Pit With No Name.

Huge fan of Boudin Balls, never thought to stuff it into a fatty. Also prefer the sweet (ripe) peppers in my gumbo. Well played chef. Excellent tutorial as well, thanks for sharing.

Huge fan of Boudin Balls, never thought to stuff it into a fatty. Also prefer the sweet (ripe) peppers in my gumbo. Well played chef. Excellent tutorial as well, thanks for sharing.
I don't know why it took me until now to try it! I highly recommend it if you like boudin!

Ok, that was insanely awesome...Sausage stuffed sausage with cheese. The bacon weave was perfect...

I think I am going to smoke a dozen of those this weekend! You should have done that when you were flying solo for a week, that was the best!

I don't know why it took me until now to try it! I highly recommend it if you like boudin!

I was talking with Cajun Ty in his thread a couple weeks ago about making a burger with boudin and then stuffing a burger with boudin. Redhot hates liver so I'll have to hide it somehow if I want my boudin. The it's not liver argument didn't work. And that's just for the white boudin...

I was talking with Cajun Ty in his thread a couple weeks ago about making a burger with boudin and then stuffing a burger with boudin. Redhot hates liver so I'll have to hide it somehow if I want my boudin. The it's not liver argument didn't work. And that's just for the white boudin...
If you will notice in this pic:

EE21E3CC-74A5-427A-AABC-5327ED5A070A.jpg

...even after packing the boudin in the fatty piston, it was still very crumbly and may make for a difficult burger patty to handle. I think once you start adding binders to the boudin, it will lose some of it's unique flavor. But a burger stuffed with boudin sounds like a winner!

If you will notice in this pic:

EE21E3CC-74A5-427A-AABC-5327ED5A070A.jpg

...even after packing the boudin in the fatty piston, it was still very crumbly and may make for a difficult burger patty to handle. I think once you start adding binders to the boudin, it will lose some of it's unique flavor. But a burger stuffed with boudin sounds like a winner!

Yep. Had thought that would be a problem too. Still though, a little binding might be a good thing, although the French would complain...

Yep. Had thought that would be a problem too. Still though, a little binding might be a good thing, although the French would complain...
Those damn French! Always complaining! Has anyone mentioned it to Jed or is it a touchy subject? :wink:

Back