Baked Hamburger Steak n Onion Gravy

Yes please, Jeanie... Looks and sounds fantastic!

Thanks Scott! Hope you're having a great weekend! :grin:

larry4406 I started reading and was saying to myself, wait, this is just Salisbury steaks with brown gravy and onions, then BAM, LEFT turn and on to the smoker!

I am adding this to the list!

Thanks Jeanie

Thanks Larry! The smoker adds a lot of flavor to the dish. :grin:

ronbrad62 One of my earliest memories of eating at a restaurant was that I always ordered the hamburger steak. It was nowhere near as fancy or flavorful as yours, but this cook reminded me of that. Your version looks amazing!

Thanks Ron! Nice to see that you're familiar with the dish too! I think of the local cafe called it Salsbury steak instead of Hamburger, they could charge more. :laugh:

ModelMaker Yum.
Ed

Thanks Ed! :grin:

YUM. Comfort food at its FINEST
I appreciate that George! It's one of my favorite comfort meals. :grin:

bluetang I could totally live on that!

Thanks Mike!! Can't go wrong with meat and tatoes. :grin:

4ever3 Looks fantastic Jeanie!

I could 100% make an idjit outta myself on that!

Thanks Jeremy! I wonder if they are called Hamburger Steaks on your end of the state. :grin:

PaPaQ Yes indeed! That looks awesome!

Thanks so much PaPaQ! :grin:

kevinstaggs A lifelong fav for me. If I had a buck for every hamburger steak we ate as kids...

That's great Kevin! I wonder if these steaks are an Okie thing. lol Thanks!

Shadowdog500 Wow! That looks like a delicious comfort meal to warm your bones on a cold winter day!

Thanks Shadowdog! Yep, great meal for winter too. :grin:

BackYardRob Looks absolutely delicious!

Thanks Rob! :grin:

What temperature where you running your drum for this cook?

My drum chugs along at 275F, so I didn't adjust it. I just adjusted the time I left the dish in the drum.
If you think of the drum like an oven, you can cook ground meat like burger, meatloaf or casseroles anywhere from 225F to 350F with no problem. Just leave it in longer at lower temperatures. Bake til done.
If I were cooking this in the oven in the house, I would have baked it at 325F for around 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.

Ms Jeanie, after seeing your cook, had to make me some onion gravy. Mine was with a pork chop. Haven't had that in a LONG time. Thanks for posting your cook.

Cr8pp67l.jpg

Ms Jeanie, after seeing your cook, had to make me some onion gravy. Mine was with a pork chop. Haven't had that in a LONG time. Thanks for posting your cook.

Cr8pp67l.jpg

My favorite is breaded pork schnitzel with mushroom and onion gravy, garlic mash with gravy, and frozen, or canned corn.

But a second choice, and don't knock it till you try it, breaded haddock/Cod, or flounder smothered in gravy with mash w/gravy and corn or green beans with a side salad w/french dressing.

Cr8pp67l.jpg

Wow! Andy, that looks so good! I'd trade ya a hamburger steak for a pork chop!
:laugh: Thanks for posting! The rest of your meal looks amazing too!

Back