THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good question...it is my oldest cooker and I just haven't found a suitable name yet. One day :wink:

The_Man_with_No_Name.jpg

The Pit With No Name.

Huge fan of Boudin Balls, never thought to stuff it into a fatty. Also prefer the sweet (ripe) peppers in my gumbo. Well played chef. Excellent tutorial as well, thanks for sharing.
I don't know why it took me until now to try it! I highly recommend it if you like boudin!

Ok, that was insanely awesome...Sausage stuffed sausage with cheese. The bacon weave was perfect...

I think I am going to smoke a dozen of those this weekend! You should have done that when you were flying solo for a week, that was the best!

I don't know why it took me until now to try it! I highly recommend it if you like boudin!

I was talking with Cajun Ty in his thread a couple weeks ago about making a burger with boudin and then stuffing a burger with boudin. Redhot hates liver so I'll have to hide it somehow if I want my boudin. The it's not liver argument didn't work. And that's just for the white boudin...

I was talking with Cajun Ty in his thread a couple weeks ago about making a burger with boudin and then stuffing a burger with boudin. Redhot hates liver so I'll have to hide it somehow if I want my boudin. The it's not liver argument didn't work. And that's just for the white boudin...
If you will notice in this pic:

EE21E3CC-74A5-427A-AABC-5327ED5A070A.jpg

...even after packing the boudin in the fatty piston, it was still very crumbly and may make for a difficult burger patty to handle. I think once you start adding binders to the boudin, it will lose some of it's unique flavor. But a burger stuffed with boudin sounds like a winner!

If you will notice in this pic:

EE21E3CC-74A5-427A-AABC-5327ED5A070A.jpg

...even after packing the boudin in the fatty piston, it was still very crumbly and may make for a difficult burger patty to handle. I think once you start adding binders to the boudin, it will lose some of it's unique flavor. But a burger stuffed with boudin sounds like a winner!

Yep. Had thought that would be a problem too. Still though, a little binding might be a good thing, although the French would complain...

Yep. Had thought that would be a problem too. Still though, a little binding might be a good thing, although the French would complain...
Those damn French! Always complaining! Has anyone mentioned it to Jed or is it a touchy subject? :wink:

Back