Uhm, Phu? What's smokin' this weekend, pharkers?

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Just checked the QTalk forum and couldn't find the usual post from Phubar... Hope all is well, brother.

So. What's smokin' this weekend?

I've got a pre-corned brisket point about to come out of fresh water soak for pastrami on Saturday.

Wings will absolutely make an appearance on Sunday.

Thin blue and fair weather to you all.

We made the mistake yesterday of getting our 2nd shingles shot AND the phlu shot at the same time. This is no phun. Hope I will be able to cook something tomorrow or Sunday.

Y’all have a good weekend!

Last edited:
Happy Phriday (stand-in) Phu and pharkers,
Hope all is well with the real Phu. I did a little phreezer dive myselph in order to start thawing my upright phreezer, and I did a rack of babybacks and two St. Louis. They may be the best I have done to date. Tomorrow I am taking a CBJ class nearby (phinally one minutes phrom my house), so no smoke here tomorrow.
Have a saphe and phun weekend, y'alls.

I'm taking a hands on competition cooking class on Sunday so will be cooking brisket, ribs, pork, & chicken.

Nice...I took a class and feel it really helped me pass by those “trial and error” things you’d spend the first few competitions ($$$) working through. Time and money well spent. That being said, I’ve only done one comp since but I was happy with my placement given the field of contenders.

I am taking a class today as well...mine though is with a local boutique butcher shop on how to break down a whole pig, do some charcuterie, make fresh and fermented sausages, etc. and then we get to take some home. So I guess I still get to play with some stuff this weekend after all.

Last edited:
Back