Two calls

butts a fire

is one Smokin' Farker
We got two calls from the Bates county contest 2nd place ribs and 7th place in anything goes I will take it on my birthday. I will be posting some pictures of my turn ins. so you guys can see what was going on. I would say that it wasn't to bad for our last contest of the year.

Congrat's!!!!. That's a great feeling anytime, but particularly cool on your last time out for the year!!!!:wink:

Last edited:
I don't think the 75 bucks we won can really parlay into to much more at this point. I was a little disapointed in the amount last year at the same contest we finished second in pork and got a $200 check. But heck just hearing your name called is more than enough to keep me going and wanting to do more contests. I wish I had another one this year but I don't think that is going to happen I am just starting to really get the hang of this we have only done 8 contests and are just now starting to get some real consistancy I hate to break that up.

Congrats from another Brethren/Dotte team! Way to go. Its good to see the Brethren showing them how its done. Keep up the good work.

Here are the results

Overall

1. Rubbin it & Lovin it BBQ
2. Smokers Wild
3. Set it and Forget it BBQ
4. Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
5. Wild Fire
6. Nelly Bells
7. Smokin Roy's BBQ
8. Moonlight BBQ
9. Sedelia Master Basters
10. Getting Sauces