Tutorial - Making Limoncello At Home

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
This is the time of year to begin making Limoncello for holiday use / gifts.

The concept of Making Limoncello can be applied to other fruits with some minor modifications to water / sugar content.

The most flavorful Limoncello is made from Meyer Lemons which are only available in December and January. However any variety of lemon will work giving a great end product result.

I realize some states do not sell EVERCLEAR 190, and lesser ABV varieties are available. If you live in one of these states, message me and I'll send you the conversion for your ABV.

How to Make Limoncello at Home

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EoF3HeBYaCC6Il-s1XCb-iPldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Eq9ji7FjX_EwlrM5ZBGvhyXVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Ep_QsNWoTuahjlnYebqV9ADUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EpTlbHi4sL9AP6a-L59J1L8rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8ErVgIIS0pcUn_FeOGH7nsUlldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Ep3t1mj3xYqs2qjF_uaqq9k4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Eoj-HEjMZ9_i2MihWy_YjGM4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Man, it's been years since I made limoncello. I should make some more. Thanks for the thread!

Thanks for posting. If you do not want to wait the 21 days, you can use a sous vide and accomplish the infusion process in 2 hours at 135 degrees Fahrenheit. I have made it both ways, and in a side by side comparison it is impossible to tell the difference.

Substitute oranges and make arancello, when serving add some heavy cream and it'll taste just like a dreamsicle. :wink:

You can also use Polish Spirytus instead of everclear, 192 proof.

Thanks Bob. I remember this from past threads. One of these days I will make it

George,

It is actually very easy, Takes about 10 minutes to zest the lemons and measure out 500 ML of Everclear. One batch makes about 1.5 liters, and with small decorative bottles from Amazon, it makes great holiday gifts for friends and family.

Back