THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I have done & have some going now is horseradish infused vodka.
Easy to do & better than any over the counter sinus medication.
Plus tastes good.
All of yours look real good & alot more professional than mine.

I have to try this. Last summer (2019), we did a "big" family vacation and went to Italy. We spent a week on the Amalfi coast. The highlight of the trip was the day we chartered a boat to take us to Capri. We snorkeled in the Tyrannian Sea, showered on the boat, had lunch in Capri, and then took a car and the chairlift up to Annacapri.

On the boat ride home, they served us Limoncello topped with Prosecco wine. It was great.

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome......Thanks for the information. So, in your experiments above, are you just cutting the grapes, cranberries, and pineapple fruit and soaking it in the Everclear?

Yes I am cutting the fruit in pieces and adding 500 ml of 190 Everclear. The reason the chunks are somewhat large is because it cuts down on a lot of small suspended particles that can clog the filters.

The fruit remains in the Everclear for 30 days, with the exception of fruits with high tannin levels (Persimmons, Purple Grapes, Cranberries, and Blueberries). High tannin fruits I will check after 10 days, when the jar smells strongly of the fruit, I filter out the fruit and store the transparent liquid until i am ready to mix. Do not squeeze the fruit to gain any excess liquid. You can add them to a pie, put in a cake, or top ice cream with the alcohol fruit. The pineapple makes an awesome pineapple upside down cake.

You start with 500 ml of Everclear, and you end up with just less than 500 ml of infused alcohol. This fits in a pint jar and can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time. The pint bottle is not the finished product, it is a flavor medium to be blended to produce an alcoholic beverage at about 66 to 80 proof depending upon your likes.

That pint jar will end up producing 2 bottles of liqueur / cordial just short of 750 ml each. When you are ready to process / bottle, you dilute and add simple syrup to your liking. When adding the other ingredients, (Distilled Water and Simple Syrup) add them slowly. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.

After the bottles are mixed, let the mixture meld / mellow for two weeks in the refrigerator before consuming. These are basic emulsions, shake well before serving.

Last edited:
What I have done & have some going now is horseradish infused vodka.
Easy to do & better than any over the counter sinus medication.
Plus tastes good.
All of yours look real good & alot more professional than mine.

Not professional at all, I just like to create a uniform product time after time, so I measure everything out for consistency.

I was just looking at recipes for Horseradish Vodka, Smoky Bacon Burbon, and Bloody Mary Vodka (has all the component flavors of a bloody mary). These will probably be my New Year projects. I have plenty of taste testers at my VFW to help me find that "Happy Medium".

Those look amazing!

Persimmon and cotton candy really got my attention.

Ron L made this Limoncello at last year's Chicago bash that was so farking good!

As much as I would like to take credit :bow: :-D it wasn’t me. It was either Andy or Jonathan, I can remember which.

Send my Dad your recipe you shared with us a couple months ago. He whipped up a batch and will be bringing down for the Holidays. Can't wait!

Thanks again for sharing.

Bottling Limoncello / Arancello

Bottled the Limoncello and Arancello today with great color.

Yield was
30) 12 ounce bottles of Limoncello and
30) 12 ounce bottles of Arancello

enhance

As much as I would like to take credit :bow: :-D it wasn’t me. It was either Andy or Jonathan, I can remember which.

Wasn't me, I left my bottle in the freezer. :tsk: It was Johnathon (sweetsmoke87). That was some good stuff he made!

Found some nice ripe cantaloupes last week, so I started two batches of meloncello. 7 days to tincture the flavor and let the solids settle before filtering. Then tempering with water and syrup. A couple weeks to mellow the flavor.

Should be ready for an after dinner beverage at Easter.
enhance

enhance

Back