THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That looks pretty darn tasty. I've never cooked a tri tip, I can't even remember seeing one in our local grocery stores
Thank you snapper. Tri-Tip is a cut that originated in Santa Maria California in the 50's. It is very popular out west and even mid-west but hasn't made it's way completely to the rest of the country. That's a shame as it is one fine cut of beef if you can get it.

Looks fantastic great job. :thumb:

What was your cooking temp prior to searing and how long did it take to get to 112F?
Thank you Quint. When I put it on the temperature was at 220 and the meat was at 37. I let the temperature slowly climb as the cook went on and when the meat IT was 112 the kamado was at 297. I do it this way so that bringing the kamado up to searing temps only take 5 to 10 minutes. The meat took approximately 45 minutes to go from 37 to 112.

Nailed that one to the wall !!!!

Yeah, good idea to cut at the notch....then you can see right where to go..........
Thank you buckie. The first 2 I cooked I cut wrong. They were still delicious but more chewy that they could've been had I cut them correctly. After that I've always cut them according to this video and had great results.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxHmuV4vTU"]How To Carve A Tri-Tip Roast - TVWB - virtualweberbullet.com - YouTube[/ame]

Back