THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome post! The tri-tip looks amazing, really wish I could find some around here. I'd be happy if I cooked one and it looked half that good.

Bookmarked the blog!

Tri-Tip is the reason the West coast is the best coast. I smoke mine as well then slap on a nice reverse sear! Mmmh Yum! Raspberry chipolte goes great as an accent sauce on sandwiches but I prefer to just eat plain juicy goodness the first night and make sandwiches the next day for lunch.

I want that! Thanks Bob. Now if we can get these Texican butchers educated on TT I will give it a try.

That looks awesome! Wish mine turned out that well.
It really is one of the easiest cooks to do on a smoker. A simple rub, heck, just salt and pepper is fine. Get a nice choice tri-tip, indirect at 225F until 130F internal. Reverse sear, or not. Rest, slice,eat

Well that's a quality farkin post right there!

Very nicely done. A butcher here has Harris Ranch TT's and they are fanfarkintastic. I love the idea of tying up the small end.

Beautiful cook, beautiful pix - thanks for putting it up! :clap2:

It really is one of the easiest cooks to do on a smoker. A simple rub, heck, just salt and pepper is fine. Get a nice choice tri-tip, indirect at 225F until 130F internal. Reverse sear, or not. Rest, slice,eat

That's it perfectly. So simple. Don't go crazy with the rub. Get a little smoke, sear if you want, rest and serve. The pics here are outstanding...

Back