THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B - E - A - UTIFUL!

Great write up.
Awesome photography!
Sammie looks like perfection!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

MAN I'd love to come out there and hang with you Bob!
Good stuff!!!

Interesting that flowers accounted for half of ALL Ag products.
There are actually some pretty sound reasons for that, largely involved with the factors of the advent of the Interstate highways, truck farming, central valley water projects, settlement patterns surrounding the early development of tech in that region, soil quality and a drifting away from the farm in that time.

Flowers hung on due to cultural reasons amongst the Italian and Japanese families, where the children coming into adulthood at that time were more inclined to stay in the family business, the fact that the central valley was not hospitable to floraculture due to sun and soil conditions and the fact that flowers were still a locally driven market into the mid-1960's.

Many of the Chinese and Japanese flower growers also chose to stay close to San Francisco, where community, products, services and food were more readily available to them.

:clap: That looks perfect and I completely agree about the process you used. I have been cooking mine the same way for several years now on my Horizon Patriot with great results. I never knew that the method was referred to as "Memphis" style but now I do :biggrin1:

That's how I do tri-tip almost exclusively now. The only difference is I do a quick sear on it at the end to caramelize the proteins and get a great flavor crust....

Hey Guerry, I smoked a tri-tip Memphis-style for you...oh wait, you can't get tri-tip in Memphis...muahahahahaaaa :becky:

Now that's just mean - but funny. :becky:

Fantastic looking tri-tip. If that was sitting on my cutting board, it would have never made it to the sandwich.

Now that's just mean - but funny. :becky:

Fantastic looking tri-tip. If that was sitting on my cutting board, it would have never made it to the sandwich.
I only have three purposes on this forum.

1. Get inside Gore's head and mess with his thoughts.

2. Create fear in Bigabyte, causing him to double the layers of foil in his hat for fear that I will get into his head and turn the thought control dial all the way to the left. This has lead to Chris becoming bald though.

3. Taunt Guerry.

Fantastic, I would LOVE one of those, even tho I have no idea what a smaked tri tip is yet.

Bob, you'll be interested to know he difference with Phu Quoc black pepper is that it is the only pepper I know of that comes to the market unbleached.

That is interesting Buccas, the pepper I get is direct from the grower through my fish sauce connection. I understand that there are Tellicherry, Javanese and Cambodian sources that are similar. But, I get this stuff direct and it is very aromatic.

Tri-tip is the lowest part of the sirloin off a steer. It is traditionally a waste cut in the U.S. and was usually ground into ground beef. But, in California and a few other locations, it was purchased for use as a cheap roast. Interestingly, it is lower on the sirloin primal and from a part of the sirloin that is not heavily exercised, thus, it is softer and has more marbling than the main part of the sirloin, although it is still close to 90% lean untrimmed.

I only have three purposes on this forum.

1. Get inside Gore's head and mess with his thoughts.

2. Create fear in Bigabyte, causing him to double the layers of foil in his hat for fear that I will get into his head and turn the thought control dial all the way to the left. This has lead to Chris becoming bald though.

3. Taunt Guerry.

Aren't contract negotiations coming up?

Nope, I am going all Wisconsin on you and imposing a contract. You stay in position number three, Bigabyte is already bald, no sense in making you or Gore bald.

drool.gif

Back